Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Find A Download Link

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello everyone, we're working on creating new download instructions. We hope to have that ready sometime in the near future. As soon as that is completed, we'll share it with everyone. Apologies for the trouble you've all been having.

Thanks, Sam. I received an email from a member of EAA staff with the new instructions. I asked him about the Electrical/PCB issue and was told that the Electrical Schematic module is automatically installed with the core program, and we just need the second serial number for the PCB module. I re-started the installation and can confirm that this is the case. The installer showed the modules that would be installed, and both Schematic and PCB were listed. My computer is working on the massive download now.

The new instructions pretty much mirror what we discovered in the thread above. Those new instructions should be posted to the EAA website, at Step 2, here, but if you're still getting the old ones, and you didn't get an email from EAA, send me a private message and I'll forward the EAA staffer's email to you directly.

I'm not going to post his email address publicly for obvious reasons, and I'm not going to send serial numbers via PM, so please don't ask. It's too easy for a non-member to register for the forum and send a PM.

Thanks to the fine folks at EAA HQ for helping to get this sorted out, and for publishing the updated instructions!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Hey thanks everyone. I got it up and running with the new instructions sent to me.

Hey, I am in the same boat. The download link does not appear after 3 days after registration. It also seems that the instructions from EAA are the old ones (from 11.11.20). Any help would be appreciated.

The 11/11/20 instructions on the EAA website are the latest method of download and installation; they were created in reaction to this thread.

How far into the process have you gotten? When you say "registration," what do you mean? It's a two-step process, which isn't immediately obvious. If you're registered on MySolidworks, you may just have a "Guest" account. You also have to register as a student on the 'My Profile' page, under the 'My Subscription' tab. In the Student Information section, enter the following:

• School Name: EAA
    • Year of Graduation: 2021
    • School Website URL: EAA.org
    • Student Serial #: (This should auto populate if you went through the initial registration process and entered the EAA serial number.)
    • Select to Download: 2020

Once that's done, it may take a few hours before the download link appears, but it should show up on the 'My Profile' page, eventually.

Note that I had to use Internet Explorer to accomplish this. It was the ONLY browser out of the four (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Explorer) that I tried that would work on the Solidworks website. In all of the others, there were links that didn't work, frustrating the process.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    Note that I had to use Internet Explorer to accomplish this. It was the ONLY browser out of the four (Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Explorer) that I tried that would work on the Solidworks website. In all of the others, there were links that didn't work, frustrating the process.
    My installation worked just fine first try using Chrome - I haven't used Internet Explorer for many years. Maybe I have better connections in the Holy land

Happy new year.

Sorry for the late reply.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-01-31 102431.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  13.4 KB

This is what I'm getting regardless of browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox)

Am I missing something else?

Thanks

Looks like you're properly registered. I have no idea why you're not getting a download link. I've sent you a PM with an EAA contact.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings