Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Find A Download Link

Can't Find A Download Link

I have carefully followed the instructions on this page, and in the PDF document I received after completing Step 2 of those instructions.

The PDF directs me to: 1. uninstall previous versions (not applicable); 2. go to solidworks.com/sek (done); 3. fill out the request form with EAA's info (done); and, 4. Download SolidWorks. It ain't that easy. Read on...

After completing Steps 1 through 3, I was taken to a registration page for "MySolidWorks." I reluctantly completed that registration with the same contact info I have on file with EAA (why does DS need my physical home address and phone number?). They said I would get an email with a link to click to complete my registration, but that email never came.

I tried logging in anyway and was accepted, but my profile in MySolidWorks shows me as a "Guest" user. If I click the link to register as a "Student," it asks for a school name, year of graduation, student serial number, etc. Clearly, that doesn't apply to EAA members.

I cannot find any way to download the software, and no evidence that SolidWorks linked me to EAA. Why does it have to be this difficult, and where do I need to look for the SolidWorks download?

Thanks.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

It gets better...

When I look at my profile on my.solidworks.com, and click on "Manage your SOLIDWORKS ID," it takes me to a page at customerportal.solidworks.com that shows my name, email and phone number, but a company name of "Eaa" and someone else's address in Toledo, OH. I live in Toledo, WA, and I definitely entered my own address when I registered.

I would sincerely appreciate any help getting this mess fixed.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

I'm having the the same guest but no links to download problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    I have carefully followed the instructions on this page, and in the PDF document I received after completing Step 2 of those instructions.

The PDF directs me to: 1. uninstall previous versions (not applicable); 2. go to solidworks.com/sek (done); 3. fill out the request form with EAA's info (done); and, 4. Download SolidWorks. It ain't that easy. Read on...

After completing Steps 1 through 3, I was taken to a registration page for "MySolidWorks." I reluctantly completed that registration with the same contact info I have on file with EAA (why does DS need my physical home address and phone number?). They said I would get an email with a link to click to complete my registration, but that email never came.

I tried logging in anyway and was accepted, but my profile in MySolidWorks shows me as a "Guest" user. If I click the link to register as a "Student," it asks for a school name, year of graduation, student serial number, etc. Clearly, that doesn't apply to EAA members.

I cannot find any way to download the software, and no evidence that SolidWorks linked me to EAA. Why does it have to be this difficult, and where do I need to look for the SolidWorks download?

Thanks.

The email from SolidWorks finally arrived, five hours later. I clicked the link in the email to verify my email address, which produced a page thanking me for doing so and inviting me to login. When I did, I ended up on a "Siebel Customer Portal Home" page. This has a section for downloads, but virtually all of the choices are grayed out with a little lock icon next to them. The lock means, "Active subscription service contract required for full access."

So, still no way to download the SolidWorks installer.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

I'm filling in everything here, but what do they want for the date? I've filled this in a bunch of times now. I keep getting sent to various webpages, I eventually see one that says I'm a guest. I've seen one that says it has down load links but they are disabled. How does one download SolidWorks?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Same here. I followed the instructions, Solidworks asked me to create an account, I did that... and now there's no sign of a download link.

I thought maybe I had to register as a student, and it accepted the serial number and says I have a year's subscription, but still no sign of a download link.

If I go through the process again, it asks for the same info then just takes me to the 'My Profile' page.

I recently switched computers to run SW on and am having the same issues with getting a download link. Thought maybe it was because it was the weekend, but havne't seen anything yet today. If you guys get it figured out, please post what worked here so I can try it.

Thanks.

Same problems here. Is Solidworks no longer supporting the EAA download agreement?

Same exact problem here.

Ah ha ha....

It doesn't work for me in Chromium. It does work in Firefox.

In Chromium the download request page has a 'select blah (optional)' box which doesn't let me select anything. In Firefox I could select 'Other' and that then took me to a download link later.

Or maybe the download link only appears in Firefox and not Chromium for some reason.