Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    Bill, can you provide a citation for that?

I haven’t seen that, and this is the first that I have heard of it.

Thanks,

BJC
    I saw the same thing. Maybe in AvWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Not concerned about the mask mandate. I am asking about event numbers. The Sun n Fun leader said they had a limit of 30,000.
    Regardless of what was said, written, or inferred, I was there and crowds were way bigger than 30000 and mask usage was minimal. The only time I personally wore a mask was when I was volunteering in the kitchen. They sorta tried to enforce mask usage in the vendor hangars but it was a futile attempt. There was never a Florida State mandate on masks usage anyway, just local municipalities and counties, and even then enforcement was haphazard and the rules varied significantly from county to county.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 04-25-2021 at 06:42 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    Bill, can you provide a citation for that?

I haven’t seen that, and this is the first that I have heard of it.

Thanks,

BJC
    Video interview with John (Lites) Lienhouts before the event. It might have been a self-imposed limit.
    Washington is in "fourth" wave now and put three counties back to level one restrictions.
    It's looking like Arlington is unlikely at current level three: https://www.arlingtonflyin.org/
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 04-25-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks, guys. I was there Monday through Saturday, and have the same observation about masks, social distancing, use of hand sanitizers, etc. FWIW, I haven’t found much credibility in anything that the Sun n Fun leadership has said since Billy retired.

I did have a great time, and am looking forward to Oshkosh. Might even go to airventure while there.

BJC

It looks like cases are now slowing in Wisconsin. With no outdoor mandates shouldn't be a problem.

I see Matt Younkin had an incident today with some pretty bad damage to the Twin Beech. (Landed with left gear retracted). I wonder if they will get it back in the air for Airventure, he is involved so much in the daily airshows.

Edit - No injuries from the incident before someone asks.