Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    Ron
    Im a retired dentist--wore a mask and gloves for the last 35 years I worked
    I Think Rush is a liberal.
    I got vaccinated. My gut feelings,Science and My MD friends said smart thing to do
    Had a 50 year old friend that felt like you did-- Died of covid--We had his funeral last week.
    Can give you his widows number so you can call her and convince her that her husbands beliefs were correct
    will be in Oshkosh in may for work week
    then two weeks during airadventure
    I'll be the one wearing a mask
    Kevin, and how often did you change out your mask? Did you wear it more than two hours at a time? Did you experience headaches after prolonged wearing?
    Was your 50 year old friend the picture of health or did he have other medical issues contributing to a compromised immune system? Was he treated with Hydroxychloriquine and Zinc or perhaps Ivermectin? 70% of people who contract Covid -19 say they always or almost always wore a mask, so what's your point? I never inferred vaccines didn't work. It's that the current vaccines have absolutely no track record of long term side effects and I'm not risking my health just to be someone's lab rat. Oh, one other question. Do any of your medical doctor friends get any kind of monetary incentive from the pharmacutical companies for the vaccines they administer?

Oshkosh 2021 checklist:

1. Chapter cap
    2. Raincoat
    3. Sunscreen
    4. Tinfoil hat.....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Oshkosh 2021 checklist:

1. Chapter cap
    2. Raincoat
    3. Sunscreen
    4. Tinfoil hat.....

Ron Wanttaja
    You forgot hand sanitizer !

Is your tin foil hat conical or pyramid shaped Cuz it does make a difference. Just sayin.

And for Kevin, there are no scheduled work weekends in May or did I miss something??
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

none scheduled yet
    but was told they would find something for my crew to do
    we are planning on staying a full week
    were also told they would take our temp before we could enter the grounds
    we will be staying at the hilton
    My 50 year old friend had no other health issues--got sick--looked like he was recovering from a mild case--then went off the cliff a week later and died
    know of several other people that are pilots that caught and recovered---but 6 months later are having trouble keeping their blood/oxygen level up
    As of a month ago--there were no documented cases of a Dentist giving a patient Covid Or catching Covid from a patient
    You will never convince a Dentist that masks don't help

1. Camp ground reservation confirmed -- Check!
    2. Rental RV Trailer reservation confirmed -- Check!

Now just waiting to see what happens with the event itself and any potential travel restrictions like mandatory proof of vaccination. For the moment I'm not planning to get the shot(s), but I don't get the Flu shot either and haven't since I retired from Active Duty in 2008. And no I'm not anti-vaccine, having been on the receiving end of many shots most of you never have, like the whole 6-shot series for Anthrax. I do wear a mask when requested or where it's mandatory. The bottom line is otherwise healthy people die every day from all kinds of otherwise mundane things, like the Flu--there's no guarantees in life. When your numbers up, its up IMO. Look I choose to live dangerously - I fly, ride motorcycle's, drink, and attend mass gatherings without a mask and that's all on me. To each his own--everyone has to weigh the risks for themselves and make the decision that's best for them. Hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 02-16-2021 at 12:39 PM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Now just waiting to see what happens with the event itself and any potential travel restrictions like mandatory proof of vaccination. For the moment I'm not planning to get the shot(s), but I don't get the Flu shot either and haven't since I retired from Active Duty in 2008.
    I think the possibility is essentially zero that EAA will require attendees to have proof of vaccination.

I think the possibility that EAA will require volunteers to have proof of vaccination is non-zero, but still highly unlikely. EAA needs the volunteers, and won't want to alienate some of them.

I think it's a higher chance that EAA will require vendors and their employees to be vaccinated. Depends on the availability of the vaccine.

Ron Wanttaja

Doubt that anyone will be required to have been vaxed. It’s not something they can control o enforce. Availability and eligibility varies widely. My county got crushed by the demand and that was for individuals 65 and up. Folks are now driving for 1-2 hours to lesser populated counties.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I worry about certain areas
    Registration in the north 40 is almost all Canadians
    if their country requires a two week quarantine when they return---most of those people will not show up

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    Ron

I Think Rush is a liberal.
    I got vaccinated. My gut feelings,Science and My MD friends said smart thing to do
    I'll be the one wearing a mask
    Right, Kevin. There is some evidence that masks stifle the spread. Whatever it takes is what I will do. I don't want to miss another AirVenture, so if I have to wear the damn mask, that is what I will do. I have little doubt that in time masks will be history. Nobody really wants to wear them and i don't really believe that masks are a way of controling people. When it becomes completely obvious that they are no long useful in anyway people will quit wearing them. Anyway, I too, will be wearing a mask at AirVenture 2021. You will recognize me as the one with the Initials "FB" on the mask.
    Last edited by Lindberg; 02-16-2021 at 06:12 PM. Reason: correction