Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    I am often offered cart rides, but refuse them because I enjoy the walk and others need it more than I do.
    I limp around and look like I'm about to collapse and that is at the beginning of the day. And those damned little snot nosed 14 year old CAP cadets riding around in golf carts at 60 mph. You would think they would stop just once in the 38 years I have attended, but NOOOOOOOOOO. One of these days.......... PS: I used to be one many, many moons ago so I can say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    I limp around and look like I'm about to collapse and that is at the beginning of the day. And those damned little snot nosed 14 year old CAP cadets riding around in golf carts at 60 mph. You would think they would stop just once in the 38 years I have attended, but NOOOOOOOOOO. One of these days.......... PS: I used to be one many, many moons ago so I can say this.
    What golf carts go 60mph? I want one of those! Mine might top out at 15mph if I get a good one!

Linberg---If your with a hot girlfriend or wife
    I stop in a heart beat and offer a ride !!!!!!

Got to chime in here, in 2011, a friend and I stayed at Sleepy Hollow Farms Camp Ground, we had flown in by commercial airlines and it was a long walk from SHFCG to the entrance of A/V. We seldom waited for the camp ground people to give us a ride so we generally walked, (those days are over), anyway, we were supposed to fly out the last day of A/V but our return flight got canceled so we had to stay an extra day. We were walking back into A/V to buy one more pack of Brats and this cart stopped and asked if we wanted a ride, well heck yeah! It was the one and only Paul Poberezny, we were so blown away, we never asked for an autograph or even took a picture. We did have some good conversation about his and our accent, we're from South Carolina. A month or so later, I called EAA and explained what had happened and asked if there was any way we could get an autographed picture, well, it wasn't long before the picture and a nice letter arrived. Of all the rided I've missed, that one made up for it. Thank you Paul.
    Bob
    Last edited by robert l; 03-26-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    What golf carts go 60mph? I want one of those! Mine might top out at 15mph if I get a good one!
    OK, OK. Maybe it was knots, clicks, I don't know. That was a long long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    Linberg---If your with a hot girlfriend or wife
    I stop in a heart beat and offer a ride !!!!!!
    the wife stays home. Twice since 1985 was enough for her. The girlfriend? I'm not sure which one, yet. Maybe I'll bring the young one. I'm 74 and I think she's 71. I can't remember.

I am fortunate in that my wife and my girlfriend are the same person... but neither of them wants to go back to Airventure.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

the only way I could have gotten my ex wife to Oshkosh was in a urn

Guess I screwed up. My wife goes with me every year since 2008. She’s done the heli ride and the trimotor by herself. I volunteer a lot so she hits the warbirds and major speakers when I’m working. I never even see her until supper. Her dad worked for Braniff in the DC3 days so her whole life that’s all she knew. When we got off the bus and she saw all the -3s, she was sold. She still hasn’t received a ride in one much to her dismay...

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

My wife is deceased as of 2015 and had not spoken to me at her request since I called to fill out papers for the Rota ( not an airbase in Spain). My sister has gone to air shows and air museums with me as well as flown to my second son's graduation with degrees in IT and Electrical Engineering. She wants some "me" time after the Covid lockdown and when she mentioned that I said no problem, 'you try to muzzle me when I get into detailed descriptions of what I did in the war.' I won't wear either of my flight suits nor my reversible interceptor jacket. I remembered the cautions I got from Marketing about wearing my tie tacks of C-9A, Skyhawk or F-100 engine as someone will always ask for them. I have a Top Gun patch on the sagebrush Nomex one with an AV-8A "Harrier" and F-18 "Hornet" patches in the pocket to acknowledge they were just a single British prototype and a HIPAAS IBM/CDC card decks when I knew them. I'm neither a boots-on-the-ground nor a shooter and give equal acclaim to Missileer silo sitters and Logistics personnel. I know the difference between UE and Available as well as pipeline. There I go again. Please move on so I can get to know these very interesting folks and their histories and builds.