Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    Johnson&Johnson about ready for approval. No special refrig and single dose. Unknown how many doses are in stockpile and what their manf rate is.
    Even if #46 can get the numbers of doses and implement his plan that gives us 100 million by the first of May. Way less than the 70% needed for herd. International attendees - totally unknown.
    The rollout chaos and conflicting information from the last year will take some time to actually have good data on where we are now. We are now seeing clusters internationally for areas once under better control. New variant will be a study in adaptation and a dominant strain very quickly. Data on efficacy of vaccine against this variant is still out
    As to the thread - Yes, we will VERY unlikely see a AV21.
    Everyone remain healthy and do your part to help others to remain so.
    I hope your are right. I have only missed one AirVenture since my first one in 1985 and that was AV2020. I flew in and camped for 25 years. I have made my dorm reservations at UW-OSH, and I have scheduled my COVID-19 vaccinations. I am planning on going, but I hear voices and those voices tell me to plan on being disappointed. So, I will hope for the best and plan on the worst. Another thing to consider is that they should soon know if the vaccination also prevents the spread of the virus. If that is the case then there might be a requirement to have been vaccinated to attend large public gatherings. Whatever. If it means that I would have to be vaccinated with a 10 inch needle in each of my gluteus maximus muscles in order to attend AV2021, I will be one of many standing at the bars rather than sitting.
    Last edited by Lindberg; 01-17-2021 at 01:06 PM.