Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Well, we went this year and had a great time even though it was cancelled. We’ll go next year too whether there’s an official event or not.

Glad to have met you guys. We'll do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    My 95-year-old Dad, in a nursing home, is having some mental health issues due to loneliness....since March, outside visits are limited to one person, one hour a week, and most of the other residents are staying away from the group areas. Looking at the stats for Minnesota (where he lives), I don't think his situation will improve soon.
    As someone with elderly parents myself, I'm very sorry to hear this, Ron. Apart from the deaths it causes, the isolation and loneliness, particularly of elderly and vulnerable people, has to be the cruelest part of the pandemic. I hope your Dad can get some effective help, and more meaningful visits from family and friends, very soon.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Glad to have met you guys. We'll do the same.
    Us too—sounds like a plan!
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Darn, been a while since I visited the group. Just thought wonder if anybody is thinking about Osh21. Yikes, quite a bit to read.

I'll stay optimistic, but this thread sure put a damper on that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    Darn, been a while since I visited the group. Just thought wonder if anybody is thinking about Osh21. Yikes, quite a bit to read.

I'll stay optimistic, but this thread sure put a damper on that.
    Covid 19 has put on damper on "Life as we used to know it" to be sure. In truth my sole optimism as a 71yr old retiree for living a 'new normal' anytime before I eventually die arises from appreciating the sheer talent and brilliance of pharmaceutical researchers and their highly profit based companies who WILL develop VERY profitable, full functioning vaccines and other palliatives to combat this disease and its symptoms.

I get a flu shot every year and thanks to that limited protection and great symptom relieving meds I really don't 'worry' about the flu killing me or putting me on a ventilator in an ICU. When the same can be said for this new virus? Life and society at large WILL blissfully move on and internationally attended events WILL again happen...... along with schools, restaurants, movie theaters, sports arenas etc.etc.etc. being allowed to function.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 11-17-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Covid 19 has put on damper on "Life as we used to know it" to be sure. In truth my sole optimism as a 71yr old retiree for living a 'new normal' anytime before I eventually die arises from appreciating the sheer talent and brilliance of pharmaceutical researchers and their highly profit based companies who WILL develop VERY profitable, full functioning vaccines and other palliatives to combat this disease and its symptoms.

I get a flu shot every year and thanks to that limited protection and great symptom relieving meds I really don't 'worry' about the flu killing me or putting me on a ventilator in an ICU. When the same can be said for this new virus? Life and society at large WILL blissfully move on and internationally attended events WILL again happen...... along with schools, restaurants, movie theaters, sports arenas etc.etc.etc. being allowed to function.
    Well I guess living in a, very, small town has it up side, (I wouldn't have it any other way). I'm 74 and my life hasn't changed at all, we get together with family, shake hands and hug, no mask, but if someone wanted to wear one, that's fine too. I still get together with the group at the airport, no hugs though, mainly fist bumps, and we sit in the same room and eat pizza from the same box, or go out to a restaurant and all sit together, normally. Shopping at the big box stores, and the little home town hardware stores, for the most part is the same. If the store has a sign that requires a mask, I generally put one on, sometimes I will take if off after seeing the majority of people not wearing one. I see people wearing mask in their cars, ridding bicycles and walking alone and no one is within 50 feet of them. I believe the virus is real but I don't consider it, "The Plague" and I do take some precautions, same as I would for the flu, but a vaccine that's been rushed through, I think I'll hold off on that. The fact that Bill Gates is pushing for everyone to get vaccinated makes me wonder, what does he know about immunology??? BUT, if A/V 2021 is on, I plan on being there, if I have to sign a waiver, so be it.
    Bob

"Well I guess living in a, very, small town has it up side, "......... Heath Springs, SC pop ~1000, Lancaster County pop ~ 100k 3,095 cases with 19 added in the last day, 64 deaths, You are indeed isolated a bit but so was No and So Dakota and Wyoming. As you know many of the current cases are from gatherings of friends and family. Be safe Bob. Hope to see you a AV__(?)

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Well I guess living in a, very, small town has it up side, (I wouldn't have it any other way). I'm 74 and my life hasn't changed at all, we get together with family, shake hands and hug, no mask, but if someone wanted to wear one, that's fine too. I still get together with the group at the airport, no hugs though, mainly fist bumps, and we sit in the same room and eat pizza from the same box, or go out to a restaurant and all sit together, normally. Shopping at the big box stores, and the little home town hardware stores, for the most part is the same. If the store has a sign that requires a mask, I generally put one on, sometimes I will take if off after seeing the majority of people not wearing one. I see people wearing mask in their cars, ridding bicycles and walking alone and no one is within 50 feet of them. I believe the virus is real but I don't consider it, "The Plague" and I do take some precautions, same as I would for the flu, but a vaccine that's been rushed through, I think I'll hold off on that. The fact that Bill Gates is pushing for everyone to get vaccinated makes me wonder, what does he know about immunology??? BUT, if A/V 2021 is on, I plan on being there, if I have to sign a waiver, so be it.
    Bob

Same here....couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm a 61 y/o plumber/electrician. The only thing that's changed for me is, I've never busier than I am right now.

Jim, I'm not a dare devil, but I don't think everybody I see is a Covid carrier either. I am almost positive I had Covid last January, really bad for about 2 weeks, but I never thought I was goning to die. Getting sick occasionally is part of life and we just deal with it. There are a lot of things in this world that can kill you and people die everyday from them, but my focus is on living. I finally own an airplane that I can fly anytime I want, so I think more about living and enjoying what time I have left on this earth, and sky, than I do about dying. mbalexander, glad you have plenty of work, more money for A/V! Perhaps we will meet up at Oshkosh next year.
    Bob

Bob, the good news you probably didn’t have COVID back in January. The virus was just being detected in December/January and all those cases were associated with air travel. Community transfer didn’t really take hold until late January/February and that started on the west coast.

Not sure I agree with your small town theory. We have a cabin in Wisconsin and the county population is just over 50k yet the number of deaths has skyrocketed to over 110. Don’t know why. Is it lack of access to medical treatment, the age demographics of the population or something else?? Just glad we closed up and headed south before things got out of control.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun