Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

I see the 2021 Paris Air Show is already cancelled (June 21 - 27).
    I think, as we saw last year, the big deciding factor for our convention isn’t the actual event, it’s whether the preparation can take place.

Well, it looks like we’re all in for another six months of wait and see. I’ll think I’ll be holding off on buying my advanced tickets for a while.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I am still planning on going to AV2021, but my gut feeling is that it will be cancelled again. Please, God, make me wrong..... Nevertheless, I never thought that they would have a vaccine with 95% efficacy now either. Roll up your sleeves, soldiers, it's here.

Pfizer and Moderna early out the gate but J&J catching up with a single dose and normal refrigeration will be an influencer. Doses from Pfizer will cover such a small number of our first responders/clinicians and those in long term care. The VA [my provider] has been scrambling for an early supply but natural human greed will show its self again on an international stage. We will watch as the élite will have first dibs.
    We will know more in March as the distribution system will have known numbers.

Unless they speed up the COVID-19 vaccinations, you can kiss AirVenture 2021 goodbye. Yet, somehow, someway, I think that the vaccine availability will explode in just a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Unless they speed up the COVID-19 vaccinations, you can kiss AirVenture 2021 goodbye. Yet, somehow, someway, I think that the vaccine availability will explode in just a few more days.
    My wife and I are just getting over Covid and at the present time have no plans to get the vaccine.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Doubtful. Even if Biden invokes the Defense Production Act, it will take time to ramp up. His other strategy was to release the allegedly stockpiled second dose reserve, but it turns out that was already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    My wife and I are just getting over Covid and at the present time have no plans to get the vaccine.
    Bob
    Bob, Hope you guys will have a full recovery.
    Last edited by Jim Heffelfinger; 01-17-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Johnson&Johnson about ready for approval. No special refrig and single dose. Unknown how many doses are in stockpile and what their manf rate is.
    Even if #46 can get the numbers of doses and implement his plan that gives us 100 million by the first of May. Way less than the 70% needed for herd. International attendees - totally unknown.
    The rollout chaos and conflicting information from the last year will take some time to actually have good data on where we are now. We are now seeing clusters internationally for areas once under better control. New variant will be a study in adaptation and a dominant strain very quickly. Data on efficacy of vaccine against this variant is still out
    As to the thread - Yes, we will VERY unlikely see a AV21.
    Everyone remain healthy and do your part to help others to remain so.