Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

A number of states do have health screening and potential quarantine (and COVID testing)requirements (New York for one) for arriving travelers but none mandates proof of COVID vaccination to enter that I’m aware of. However, if any State does then I won’t go there on principle; this is a political stance on my part and not medical.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 03-20-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Well last month Sec of Transportation Pete Buttigiege did state in an interview that he was actively talking with the CDC about domestic air travel testing requirements and the CDC in conjunction talked about placing rapid testing sites at airports to catch the asymptomatic traveler. That kinda went silent as it conflicts with the White House’s message of “Gee, see how good we’re doing at getting people vaccinated.” If we get hit with another wave like Europe, it could raise its ugly head again.
    After the governor’s mandates got challenged in the Wis SC, they are mostly just “guidelines”. I’ve heard that there are still several counties that are still pushing quarantining after travel to seasonal properties. Mostly north woods areas with very limited health care facilities.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

My comment was specific to something www.explore1-800-fares.com told me about Delta service to Green Bay. Two days ago. The ad had popped up in my front page. So shush on this? I am pleased for better information here about the University housing and I can use my own sources for air fare to Appleton. Incidentally, the dummy spotlights used on Barris Kustoms were Appletons. I heard George Barris speak at Meadowlark in 1998. I just looked up KAUS specifically. http://austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-information
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 03-21-2021 at 10:49 AM.

If I were you, I would get on the waiting list for an air conditioned room. A window box fan IS DEFINITELY REQUIRED for non AC rooms as they tend to heat soak especially if there is a heat wave. Admittedly it has been 20 years since I’ve stayed in the dorms but I think it’s a good deal. Recognize it’s a dorm room not a hotel. Busses run regularly to and from the show. You can eat at the campus dining facility (typically we only did breakfast) and there are bars and eateries within walking distance. Now you can Uber anywhere and more shuttle options are available. I always found the dorm crowd to be friendly. Welcome to Oshkosh!!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

I am now in good shape for 8 days at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Residences. I am also in good shape from Austin, TX to Appleton Airport arriving on a Sunday (25th) at 4:24 PM. It appears that my only real option is a taxi at that point all the way to the dorm. Options to only go to the AMTRAK station in Appleton require me to meet the bus at one of two times in the day, unknown at this point. On the right day at the right time a taxi to AMTRAK and AMTRAK to a stop 1400 feet from the dorm is possible. For the days of Air Venture which I now have a wristband purchased I will need to check on shuttles. That leaves me with the need to connect with a flight at 5:10 PM from Appleton to Austin. You probably are thinking to yourself, "Now why did he choose those days and times?" Two hours to go through checkin? So my real time to arrive at Appleton airport after Air venture might be 3:10PM.

Be sure to buy yourself a shuttle bus pass when you check in. It’s $30 for the week or $5 per round trip. Did you check with Lamars to see I they have a shuttle running from ATW to the dorms. I would be surprised if they don’t.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Be sure to buy yourself a shuttle bus pass when you check in. It’s $30 for the week or $5 per round trip. Did you check with Lamars to see I they have a shuttle running from ATW to the dorms. I would be surprised if they don’t.
    That may be something that only flourishes when Air Venture is on. The best I found was take a taxi to AMTRAK bus from the Airport and then take the AMTRAK bus to the University of Wisconsin OshKosh stop and walk about 1/4 mile to the Residence whenever classes are in session. I will next make telephone calls as the search doesn't give me an ability to match up the frequency with my arrival time even with a taxi for the segment from the airport. The busses are in a loop that includes Green Bay and Madison. lamar's bus from appleton airport to university of wisconsin oshkosh - Bing It just wants to give a way for a GO bus which is City of Appleton and ignores Lamar as well as leave at 5:30PM from the airport on the 25th of July. There is at least a picture of a map on this search result. I was born in Wisconsin but had to leave in less than six months. My favorite region of Wisconsin is the pipestone region. Your shuttle bus tip is important. I am used to fussing over details so "check in" at the gate to Air Venture which is unreachable on the first day or "check in" at the residence. The person who sold me the room only said they have a bus stop. Don't worry I will call and clear these things up.
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 03-22-2021 at 09:25 PM.

When you call Lamers also try Kobussen too. Good luck.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

From listening close to the ground, it sounds like this is going to be a masks on (or highly mask encouraged) event at this point.

Should make for some interesting tan lines.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime