Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    ...So what is the timing between doses? ...The real question is this all gonna happen in time to save AV2021.
    G'day DaveI believe the period between doses is 21 days and that full protection occurs seven days after the final dose. The answer to your second question is, "probably not."

Thanks George!
    I just read an article that suggests that we ultimately go to a three dose regimen. Second shot one month after and the third six months after. Yikes!
    Don’t know how it’s gonna go down in your country but with our mobile society getting the second shot is just going to be an administrative nightmare. I’ve also read that full immunization can take anywhere from several days to a couple of weeks. It all depends on the individual; that’s typical for most immunizations. Of course during that time you’re still vulnerable. Great......
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    G'day DaveI believe the period between doses is 21 days and that full protection occurs seven days after the final dose. The answer to your second question is, "probably not."
    Maybe it won't be the full enchilada Airventure, but I think a reasonable facsimile of the event will take place. By June/July, anyone who wants to be inoculated will be, and if you aren't vaccinated, YOU get to decide whether to attend. By then, vaccinations and herd immunity will have greatly reduced the number of infected people and really reduced the spread rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Thanks George!
    I just read an article that suggests that we ultimately go to a three dose regimen. Second shot one month after and the third six months after. Yikes!
    Don’t know how it’s gonna go down in your country but with our mobile society getting the second shot is just going to be an administrative nightmare. I’ve also read that full immunization can take anywhere from several days to a couple of weeks. It all depends on the individual; that’s typical for most immunizations. Of course during that time you’re still vulnerable. Great......
    No probs. What I omitted was the word, average. Full effect of the vaccination will occur on average seven days after the second shot. One, two, four or six shots, I'll still be getting the vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Maybe it won't be the full enchilada Airventure, but I think a reasonable facsimile of the event will take place. By June/July, anyone who wants to be inoculated will be, and if you aren't vaccinated, YOU get to decide whether to attend. By then, vaccinations and herd immunity will have greatly reduced the number of infected people and really reduced the spread rate.
    Many people and media organisations mention herd immunity, but I cannot understand how that will ever happen. None of the manufacturers is saying that their vaccine will prevent the virus infecting (entering) your body; only that the vaccine will prevent/minimise Covid-19 disease after the virus enters your body. I prefer a three-course meal, so if it's only the appetiser being offered by the EAA, I'll wait for full service. Hopefully by 2022.
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 12-06-2020 at 04:05 AM.

I’m with you, I intend to get it regardless the number of doses. I just mentioned it because I believe too many people (not necessarily this forum) think: “A shot on Monday, free to travel the world on Friday.” When in reality the immunization process is more like a month. Couple that with availability of the vaccine to the masses and the timeline to impact AV2021 and most major summer events starts to get very
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    Many people and media organisations mention herd immunity, but I cannot understand how that will ever happen. None of the manufacturers is saying that their vaccine will prevent the virus infecting (entering) your body; only that the vaccine will prevent/minimise Covid-19 disease after the virus enters your body. I prefer a three-course meal, so if it's only the appetiser being offered by the EAA, I'll wait for full service. Hopefully by 2022.
    By then, 20% (maybe more, maybe less depending...) of the populace will have natural immunity, having contracted the virus. That *helps* reduce spread. Everyone else will have had a chance to be vaccinated. We'll be at (sort of?) steady state post-covid, where you either got it, got inoculated, or chose not to get the vaccine. That's gonna be the situation until the end of time, or a better medical solution comes about... So move ahead, I say. ;-)

Well, like I said, I'm still making plans for A/V 2021 regardless. And since we're talking about Covid vaccines and such, I thought I would just throw this out there.
    https://youtu.be/lkGB1-YFn1Q
    And on a side note, my wife is going flying with me today for the first time !
    Bob

I almost forgot to mention .....

The price of a piece of apple pie in Jamaica is $2.00

The price of a piece of apple pie in the Bahamas is $2.50

These are the pie rates of the Caribbean!
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Ooooooh or should it be arrrrrrgh???
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I almost forgot to mention .....

The price of a piece of apple pie in Jamaica is $2.00

The price of a piece of apple pie in the Bahamas is $2.50

These are the pie rates of the Caribbean!
    This is the keyboard they use to take your order.
    Name:  pirate keyboard.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  50.2 KB
    I think AV2021 will happen, but at a somewhat reduced scale. After the financial losses of 2020, EAA will need to be careful not to over-estimate the attendance in 2021.

Ron Wanttaja