Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

I heard the Reno Air Races are GO for this year.

Just wondering out loud, will attendees be required to show either 1. proof of vaccination or 2. proof they had the virus?

Reno’s biggest problem was lack of cash. Never been but I would think hey have plenty of room to space out spectators.
    Proof of having had the virus only gets you a gold star and a cookie. Post virus antibody immunity varies amongst individuals....generally for a period of around 3 months. Neither having COVID or the vax is a bullet proof guarantee. I’m of the opinion that we will be living with COVID vax booster shots for the rest of our lives sans some major medical breakthrough.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Got any um.. excess doses? I'm thinking a guy could make big bucks with a booth in the flymart at SnF... Just sayin'. ;-)
    That reminds me of something I saw at Roberts International Airport, Monrovia, Liberia. The Ministry of health had a booth checking for Yellow Fever vaccinations. This is still big in Africa. No vaccination card? No problem. For 25 Liberian Dollars (about a quarter US) you can have your very own yellow card stamped by the Liberian MoH as Yellow Fever vaccinated.

Now, I am not saying that the same thing will happen with COVID...not here anyway
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleOne View Post
    Well, I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, but ...

1. You can't eradicate an airborne virus...

2. If someone feels safer in a cloth mask, wear one...
    Fear not, no-one will ‘bash’ you on this forum; we’re all here for the aircraft and the camaraderie. A couple of responses to your questions/statements:

1. Taiwan, Viet Nam, Singapore, New Zealand and my country, Australia.

2. Wearing a mask protects others as well as oneself. A civic duty, if you will. It is the behaviour practised in most civil societies.

Sadly, Osh 2021 is off my calendar because of the CoViD-19 pandemic plus Australia’s border will not be open until later this year, well after the conclusion of Oshkosh. Perhaps in 2022, when most us have been vaccinated. Stay safe and healthy everyone and I’ll see you at Osh 2022.
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 01-24-2021 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    Sadly, Osh 2021 is off my calendar because of the CoViD-19 pandemic plus Australia’s border will not be open until later this year, well after the conclusion of Oshkosh. Perhaps in 2022, when most us have been vaccinated. Stay safe and healthy everyone and I’ll see you at Osh 2022.
    Damn! Oshkosh ain't Oshkosh with no Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Damn! Oshkosh ain't Oshkosh with no Aussies.
    We'll be back; I need to attend one more and then I'm done. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    2. Wearing a mask protects others as well as oneself. A civic duty, if you will. It is the behaviour practised in most civil societies.
    I HAAAAATE this argument. If I’m not sick, I can’t spread the virus. Therefore no need to wear the stupid face diaper. Your health is NOT my civic duty.

Also, if masks work so well, how did I get the virus from someone who wears her mask everywhere? Just stop with this nonsense already.

If YPU feel safer wearing one, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by streffpilot View Post
    I HAAAAATE this argument. If I’m not sick, I can’t spread the virus.
    The problem with Covid is that you don't *know* if you're sick. There can be 3-5 days where you're infectious and don't realize you have it.

Are masks perfect? Of course not. But they do reduce the rate of re-infection.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    The problem with Covid is that you don't *know* if you're sick. There can be 3-5 days where you're infectious and don't realize you have it.

Are masks perfect? Of course not. But they do reduce the rate of re-infection.

Ron Wanttaja
    That was not the case when I got it. Exposed Sunday. Monday I knew I was in for some fun.

My point stands. If you don’t have it, you can’t give it. With rapid testing, if you want to know, you can.

If you have it, you have it wether you feel it or not. My personal opinion is that everyone who is going to get it will get it.

That was not the case when I got it. Exposed Sunday. Monday I knew I was in for some fun.
    And other people react differently. Some have a longer asymptomatic time. It also hits people differently. You recovered from Covid...does that mean you don't believe ANYONE has died from it? Shouldn't precautions be based on protecting the most number of people?

My point stands. If you don’t have it, you can’t give it. With rapid testing, if you want to know, you can.
    Few of us are politicians or football players; we don't get tested every day. The most-common guidance is to get tested IF you think you have it...by which point, it's really too late, as far as protecting anyone else.

Ron Wanttaja