Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

  1. #71
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Isn’t that where EAA meetings started?!? Well, at least the basement part.
    OK, But I was thinking more along the lines of, The Gestapo! Too many people gathering in one spot, are y'all conspiring against the government, are y'all breaking the law in there, come out with your hands up !!!
    Bob
    Last edited by robert l; Yesterday at 07:54 PM.

  2. #72
    Airmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NW. Atlanta GA
    Posts
    343
    Your papers, please. .....Mein herr your papers are not in order!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    ... That places us at fall before enough herd immunity protects those not vaccinated...
    G'day Jim and other EAAers.

    I don't believe that any of the manufacturers of the current crop of vaccines are claiming that their vaccine will prevent infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, just that it will prevent severe, and potentially life-threatening, illness after infection. That is, anyone who is vaccinated can still be infected by the virus and spread it to others. I understand that herd immunity will only be achieved once a vaccine can prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection. As I have previously stated, I'm not a virologist, so I'd be happy to be corrected by anyone who is qualified.

    Sadly, I think that it is highly likely that Osh. '21 will be cancelled. I hope that you all stay safe and healthy.

    Cheers from Australia.

  4. #74
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    G'day Jim and other EAAers.

    I don't believe that any of the manufacturers of the current crop of vaccines are claiming that their vaccine will prevent infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, just that it will prevent severe, and potentially life-threatening, illness after infection. That is, anyone who is vaccinated can still be infected by the virus and spread it to others. I understand that herd immunity will only be achieved once a vaccine can prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection. As I have previously stated, I'm not a virologist, so I'd be happy to be corrected by anyone who is qualified.
    Pfizer press release:

    "Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose;170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group"

    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...vid-19-vaccine

    Perhaps you're thinking of the report on the effectiveness of the Moderna vaccine. They report a similar effectiveness of around 94%, PLUS the remaining 6% who did develop COVID had mild cases rather than severe ones.

    "Vaccine efficacy against COVID-19 was 94.1%; vaccine efficacy against severe COVID-19 was 100%"

    https://investors.modernatx.com/news...e-3-cove-study

    Ron Wanttaja

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Hey Ron, many thanks for your response and the hyperlinks 👍

    Apologies if my previous post was so poorly written that the intended message was not clear. My Year 9 English teacher would be very disappointed with my performance.

    Covid-19 is the disease that results from a SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. The vaccines will prevent the disease developing after someone one is infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. I cannot recall any of the manufacturers claiming that their vaccine will prevent the virus from infecting a vaccinated person.

    Stay safe.

  6. #76
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    EAA is going to have quite a headache in handling this, even with a vaccine. Will attendees be required to be vaccinated? What proof will they need to show?
    The CDC has released information as to the cards those receiving vaccines will be issued:

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/healt...ard/index.html

    Of course, they'll be easy to forge....

    Ron Wanttaja

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •