Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

For me that would be an easy yes. Masks required I would opt out.

National trending in infections is not in the right direction. WI has not fared well either. International trends are all over the place from near zero in NZ and OZ to huge spikes in the EU. We know there are a large % of Americans who are mask adverse and have seen the more rural areas having delayed infection rates. Current projections have a wide distribution vaccine available Q2 2021 here in the US. Remembering that AV receives people from all over the world and international corp $ to support the convention there has to be good distribution internationally as well. I expect a number of states will shift to mandatory masks if they haven't already with the current trends.
    Will there be a AV21? I was sure we wouldn't have AV20 and 21 is far more a guess. THis is not going away easily especially with the hodge-poge state mandates and unwillingness to follow them.
    For those with herd immunity in their narrative ( you know who you are) you need to pick a family member to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    National trending in infections is not in the right direction. WI has not fared well either. International trends are all over the place from near zero in NZ and OZ to huge spikes in the EU. We know there are a large % of Americans who are mask adverse and have seen the more rural areas having delayed infection rates. Current projections have a wide distribution vaccine available Q2 2021 here in the US. Remembering that AV receives people from all over the world and international corp $ to support the convention there has to be good distribution internationally as well. I expect a number of states will shift to mandatory masks if they haven't already with the current trends.
    Will there be a AV21? I was sure we wouldn't have AV20 and 21 is far more a guess. THis is not going away easily especially with the hodge-poge state mandates and unwillingness to follow them.
    For those with herd immunity in their narrative ( you know who you are) you need to pick a family member to sacrifice.
    With a survival rate of 99.75%, I'll take my chances. In the U.S., airplane accidents have a 95.7% survivability rate and that doesn't seem to deter anyone. To each his own.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    With a survival rate of 99.75%, I'll take my chances.
    Bob
    The challenge is whether EAA and the state of Wisconsin will take that chance.

Unless something drastically changes, I could see the event requiring masks in the vendor areas, all indoor spaces, and on the showline. I could live with that if I had to.

I'd prefer a better solution (widespread vaccinations), but I'm not sure we'll get there from a science and/or logistics standpoint by the time EAA has to make a call.

Hyperbole

Do we (or anyone else) have a vaccine for ANY virus, We have shots the flue, but is it a "sure-fire" vaccine? I don't think so. We don't even have a "vaccine" for the common cold.

Quote Originally Posted by mbalexander View Post
    Do we (or anyone else) have a vaccine for ANY virus, We have shots the flue, but is it a "sure-fire" vaccine? I don't think so. We don't even have a "vaccine" for the common cold.
    Like Kyle, I could live with wearing a mask in the indoor areas, I'm not into high tech anyway, so the indoor vendors don't hold much for me, and I can skip the museum. I may attend a forum or two, but I am not going to be building anything so I can distance myself pretty good for the most part. On the vaccine, well, I got the flu shot last year and I still got the flu, so I don't trust anybody that says, ok, here it is, we've got you fixed up, just come and get it. Uuuuhhhhh, I'll pass !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Like Kyle, I could live with wearing a mask in the indoor areas, I'm not into high tech anyway, so the indoor vendors don't hold much for me, and I can skip the museum. I may attend a forum or two, but I am not going to be building anything so I can distance myself pretty good for the most part. On the vaccine, well, I got the flu shot last year and I still got the flu, so I don't trust anybody that says, ok, here it is, we've got you fixed up, just come and get it. Uuuuhhhhh, I'll pass !
    Bob

Yeah, the SICKEST my dad and brother EVER got, was the time they got a flu shot. They both swore up and down, that in order to have died, they would've had to have gotten better. I've never had a flu shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mbalexander View Post
    We have stamped out smallpox worldwide. Polio, measles, and rubella are basically eliminated in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    We have stamped out smallpox worldwide. Polio, measles, and rubella are basically eliminated in the US.
    And, were these viruses?