Thread: Viper demo pilot tells all

Viper demo pilot tells all

Ok ok ok so that's maybe a liiiiittle hyperbolic ...

Annnnd I know technically the F-16 Viper isn't an ex-military aircraft, but I figured the crew here might like hearing what it's like to be serving our country in a fighter jet right now - you've maybe even seen Toro and Venom on the (limited) airshow circuit this year:

Oh.... I've got another one you might like!
    Kevin Quinn (STOL DRAG, Bush Pilot Guy) just fell in love with a Stearman.....

For those that wonder what the pilot sees during a Viper demo....Here's a HUD video from one of our guys practicing for a customer demo, long years ago. Probably the closest most pilots will ever get to pulling some serious g's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl1yhmwC-aE

Quote Originally Posted by CraigCantwell View Post
    For those that wonder what the pilot sees during a Viper demo....Here's a HUD video from one of our guys practicing for a customer demo, long years ago. Probably the closest most pilots will ever get to pulling some serious g's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl1yhmwC-aE
    Yeah that's a REALLY interesting perspective when you compare it to the demo footage looking aft towards the pilot that Toro shared. BLARFFF HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dembroski View Post
    Yeah that's a REALLY interesting perspective when you compare it to the demo footage looking aft towards the pilot that Toro shared. BLARFFF HAHAHA

What will really tumble your gyros, is that our demo pilots would fly that routine once a day for a couple of weeks prior to the week before the demo. Then they would fly it twice a day until the day of the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigCantwell View Post
    What will really tumble your gyros, is that our demo pilots would fly that routine once a day for a couple of weeks prior to the week before the demo. Then they would fly it twice a day until the day of the demo.
    I think I need to work the phrase "that'll really tumble your gyros" into my daily conversations!