Thread: Moving Beyond the pilot's Operating Manual

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Goggles Moving Beyond the pilot's Operating Manual

Yesterday, I spent a while letting an experience in the TBM from Austin to Omaha instruct a flight from Austin Bergstrom to Miami International passing through tropical storm Beta. Remember that old song, "so high you can't get over it, so low you can't get under it, so wide you can't get around it and your transponder is out. The TBM had iced up and has very sophisticated controls for icing, accessible to the mouse and display. The Boeing 747-8i has only "H." I began to look at how to manage fuel tanks for trim to even get there. Did I wish I was in a P3C Update 1? Four hours in the dirigible hangar at Moffett NAS next to NASA Ames says, yes, With one swap out in the Fast Fourier Transform.

After landing at Tempelhof in Berlin from Dublin the previous day to see the airport runway reported as -263 ft. I was ready for the difference between Atlantic sea level and Pacific sea level at the ends of the Panama canal. I had waited for an update before beginning from Ireland. Then in the Gulf of Mexico in a tropical low, I was barely sure I would get to Miami. My landing was one of those that needs a lot of skidding and just a bit of aligning and ends with a go around.

The AI is my way to marry a lot of close in digital combat in 1969 through 1978 and an extension to 1981 with loading a really big cargo plane to deploy the entire Army not just the Rapid Deployment Force and the Marine Expeditionary Battalions. After the missed approach is when I was ready to try just a landing at Balboa which I could not do by hand in FSX. With that needing a do over, I tried to set up the cross isthmus as night was falling after a flight from Miami to Balboa ran into the mountain. A Cub modification? (Cub Crafter) but the nearest Atlantic airport to the canal is in Honduras. Today is another day. I figured, I would need 130% fuel, calculating fuel mileage after flying halfway. Sunset was two hours ago.
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 09-20-2020 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add model of Cub I wanted a EAA kind of recip to do this