Thread: Registration

Registration

Earlier this month a friend and I purchased a Cessna 150, it's going through the annual now. What is the procedure for registering the plane in our names, OR, in an LLC because he maybe using it to instruct in. I don't want to call the FAA and make some dumb mistake and make it any harder than it should be. I have the last 3 or 4 registrations and the Ship/Aircraft Radio Station License that expired in 1998, this is all new to me as a first time aircraft owner. Thanks
    Bob

The FAA has a lot of good info on the aircraft registration website. I'd suggest you take a look at the info at this link:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...raft_registry/

I think most if not all of your questions would be answered there. Maybe start with their FAQs and go from there....

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi.../aircraft_FAQ/

This page has a lot of good info too....

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ster_aircraft/

That page includes a link to info on LLC registration.
    Cheers!

Joe

Thanks Joda

The FAA Aircraft Registry is one of the most persnickety bunch I've dealt with. Make sure the seller(s) signs his name EXACTLY like it says on the existing registration on the bill of sale (to include titles like coowner, etc...). Failure to do this will have the FAA kick back the application. At least they got out of the last century and no longer require you to use their silly ncr forms. Once you have the bill of sale dealt with, then you fill out your registration. Again, you need to be very careful how you do it. Make sure your names and signatures match exactly what you put down in the top parts of the form. You need to figure out NOW if you want to use an LLC or not. Frankly, it's of dubious value. If you're going to instruct in it, make sure you have insurance that covers such operations.

Thanks Ron, I haven't delt with the registration dept before but I know from experience dealing with getting my 3rd class back and having to get the special issuance. Glad that's over.
    Bob

On a tangent, I had an issue with them registering my homebuilt. The short version is they were wrong, and obstinately so, and our FAA liaison at headquarters fixed it in the blink of an eye. They are an awesome resource should you need help.