Thread: Ripple Road Camp Scholler access points not secure

Ripple Road Camp Scholler access points not secure

I know it is going to be some time before Camp Scholler opens again, but I had a concern last year that doesn't seem to have been addressed this year, yet. Along Ripple road where the new expanded camping areas have been created there are 3 completely unsecured entrances to the campground. And now with the grounds closed and security still active at a couple of entrances and all other entrances blocked, these three are still wide open and would afford anybody free access to Camp Scholler. Attached are photos of the access points on Ripple Road. Name:  2020-08-11 12.57.00.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  95.9 KBName:  2020-08-11 12.57.33.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  95.9 KBName:  2020-08-11 12.57.58.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  94.9 KB

Kurt

They were on morning of the 3rd. Guess since EAA has “reopened” they feel they can relax grounds security somewhat.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    They were on morning of the 3rd. Guess since EAA has “reopened” they feel they can relax grounds security somewhat.
    Every other gate I went by was either gated off, or had security posted. My point was being that even during a normal convention week these entrances were wide open, anybody with or without camping credentials could just drive right in. Just a quarter mile west of these entrances, the Camp Scholler South Gate was still had a manned check point.
    Last edited by krw920; 08-13-2020 at 10:37 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've notified our security manager and barriers have been placed at these spots.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Every other gate I went by was either gated off, or had security posted. My point was being that even during a normal convention week they entrances were wide open, anybody with or without camping credentials could just drive right in. Just a quarter mile west of these entrances, the Camp Scholler South Gate was still had a manned check point.