Thread: SolidWorks activation

SolidWorks activation

I completed the SW install on 5/7 but the activation shows it expires 12/31/2020. Is this correct or will I need to reactivate it in December to get the remaining months? I understood the license to be good for 1 year. I'm a current SW user at the company I work for so I understand the SW installation/activation. I also handle the SW deployments for the yearly upgrades. We use a network license so maybe the licensing structure is different.

I had posted this on another installation post but it shows as unanswered so I thought I'd start a new post with the question.

Thank You

My understanding of it and this could be wrong is that it like most edu programs gives you the latest and greatest. So it would expire at year's end then you would be given access to the 2021 license. So you would either request like you did the current one or have to email them about sending a current one as the 2020 expired. Hopefully staff could chime in. But this process is used in Ansys and MasterCam so it would make sense SolidWorks does the same.

Drake is essentially correct. A license expires 12 months from activation, or 18 months from the date DS SolidWorks created the license. In our case, at the end of May of each year, DS SolidWorks sends EAA serial numbers and download instructions for the newest version of SOLIDWORKS and that version will expire on December 31 of the following year. So, in May 2019, I received serials for the 2019-20 Education Premium version and it expires 12/31/2020. Any time between now and expiration you are welcome to go to our site, login, and complete a request form to get the 2020-21 version of SOLIDWORKS. As long as you are a member, you will have access to the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Education Premium.
    Last edited by Cory Puuri; 08-10-2020 at 10:26 AM.

So the install instructions says to check each box for Electrical and PCB and provides a s/n.

If I check both, and use the provided s/n for Elec and PCB, I get an error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 08-24-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J3cubcapt View Post
    So the install instructions says to check each box for Electrical and PCB and provides a s/n.
    If I check both, and use the provided s/n for Elec and PCB, I get an error
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The 3D Design serial number offers access to everything except PCB. The only items to check in the Installation Manager are 3D Design and PCB:
    Name:  SWXInstallationManagerSNs.JPG
Views: 1949
Size:  59.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What is the SW phone number that can address why they took my money and never sent the follow-up email with the link to install? It's not in the junk folder!