Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage ???

Vintage ???

Just a random thought, if someone showed up in Vintage with a 1965 Cessna 150, not restored, just normal wear and tear, how would they be looked upon. Not that I, or someone is going to,,,, probably,,,, or maybe,,,, but flying is flying !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Just a random thought, if someone showed up in Vintage with a 1965 Cessna 150, not restored, just normal wear and tear, how would they be looked upon. Not that I, or someone is going to,,,, probably,,,, or maybe,,,, but flying is flying !
    Bob
    I've been volunteering parking airplanes in Vintage for the past 22 years. We welcome anybody with a plane that is old enough. You're not going to win an award, but you are certainly welcome to hang out with us.

I'll second what Ron said. If your aircraft fits within the Vintage category, come on down! We would love to have you join us.
    Cheers!

Joe

Well that makes me, or someone, feel better. lol. If all goes well in the next few days there may be another airplane hangared at KCDN !
    Bob

Well we did it, we pulled the trigger on a 1965 Cessna 150 and it flies great. It's the same as what I learned to fly in, pull starter, it even has the little ash trays on the doors, radio speakers above and to the side of the pilots head, lol. Glad we have head phones these days. It's going to need an ADS B, a Gyro and the transponder isn't working, not sure what's going on there. The main thing is, it's flyable, the transponder, ADS B and gyro will come soon enough, in the mean time, I plan to drill some holes in the sky. As with any new toy, I'm going to start the cleaning process, so any info on cleaning the interior plastic will be appreciated. This may very well be my ticket to flying into A/V 2021. It has been a good day.
    Bob
    OK, it's a 1966 150 f.
    Last edited by robert l; 05-21-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Good for you Robert!
    Any Cessna 150/152 is fun economical little plane, and a great way to build time and experience.
    The rows of vintage/classic planes at Oshkosh are filled with daily flyers of all sorts, most are not really show queens.

150's are fun. You can pretty much throw them around like you want. It's 85 miles up here from CDN if you want to swing by some time. Our airport fly-in is still scheduled (modulo COVID-related restrictions) for the last September.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 08-03-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Dang autocorrect turned fly-in to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    150's are fun. You can pretty much throw them around like you want. It's 85 miles up here from CDN if you want to swing by some time. Our airport fly-in is still scheduled (modulo COVID-related restrictions) for the last September.
    Is there a web site to check out? That would be a perfect trip for the 150, although my partner will, hopefully, be giving lessons in it most weekends. I may just have to fly up and check out the place real soon. Thanks for the invite.
    Bob

longislandairpark.org NC26 Mine is the sort of Frank Lloyd Wright looking place built right on the runway at midfield.

You would look better than the two C172s that come every year and camp by the South 40 woods. I swear they have a contest to see who has the worse paint job and dirty but serviceable interior. Chips, orange peel, bare metal, etc. along with being ramp checked by the Feds‼️They passed. If it’s legal to fly come join us. I’ll bring you the ice‼️(I volunteer with Vintage on the Ice Truck)👍‼️🦊😄
    Attached Images Attached Images