Thread: Virtual Oshkosh

Virtual Oshkosh

Well we had our own little virtual Oshkosh here at Long Island Airpark. Several events, well socially distanced (some barbecue, a raft-up on the lake here, etc...). The first arrival was a friend of mine from the Raleigh-area who showed up being a corona carrier....

Since many of us are also Vintage Flight Line volunteers, we decided to reenact the annual volunteer picture (complete with our orange vests and VAA Volunteer Orlo Shirts):

We topped it off with a Zoom teleconference with 30 or so of the volunteers.

Every year, Vintage makes a volunteer button commemorating something (we've got Sloshkosh buttons, heat buttons, buttons in support of our chairman's bout with cancer, etc...). Chip Davis stepped up and made some for us for this year...

Before i scrolled down, I thought that first picture was Alf !
    Bob

He does have that resemblance. You did note the little "viruses" stuck to the top of the bottles?

In other news, I got my Oshkosh 2020 Volunteer hat yesterday.

Outstanding! Great Aloha shirts! Very jealous that Warbirds doesn’t have something like that. But you have a more fun group.

I expect to land KOSH tomorrow for my annual Bratwurst Pizza at West End Pizza. Too bad the museum won’t be open until next week. VW
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

The Hawaiian shirt thing comes from the fact that for years one of our senior volunteers, Orlo Ellison, only wore such shirts at the show. The various chairs passed the word that on the Friday of the volunteer dinner that everybody should wear a Hawaiian shirt. After a half hour or so, Orlo says "Something very screwy is going on here." From then on, that day in the show is known as Orlo shirt day. One year, one of our volunteers arranged to have VAA shirts made up for those who wanted to buy them. Myself, I took a relatively plain shirt and made a bunch of image transfers of Orlo himself and stuck them to my shirt, making it a true Orlo shirt...

Name:  orlo.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  96.2 KB