Thread: Simventure

Simventure

I am very surprised that here it is, July 26, and I am the first one to mention anything here about the "SImVenture" enabled by Pilotedge!

I had some problems with it, but with help from their on-line forum I eventually got it up and running. (On my first attempt, all of the planes in the hold a Green Lake appeared as airliners!) It was a lot of fun. The controllers, who were actual FAA controllers who would normally be at Airventure, were great. (One said on the radio that she was even wearing her pink T-shirt!).

The scenery is wonderful, although Warbirds (where I park) was a little "imaginative." What was nice was that I was able to taxi right in among the other L-Birds and park where I normal park.

My suggestion would be to make this available the week BEFORE a "live" Airventure so that pilots could practice flying the approach (and becoming intimate with the NOTAM) before flying it for real.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

We were too busy having our own mini-Oshkosh here. Here's our flight line refugees:

Name:  IMG_2023.jpg
Views: 1693
Size:  100.6 KB

Hi! I'm a bit late here. But I'm glad you enjoyed SimVenture.
    I built the original scenery for Oshkosh an am very proud PilotEdge chose to use my work to use for the event. Man was it a lot work building that!
    They were very busy until the last moment doing some adaptations to make it work for PilotEdge.

Indeed I used some imagination to build the warbird area, as I didnt pay enough attention to the layout when I was there in 2017.

Good to see you guys having a meetup Ron! I hope to be back at Oshkosh next year, as this year didnt go as planned.
    Hope you're all doing well!

Nils,

Netherlands.

I have been examining placing my aircraft at various parking spots in FS2020 based on a look I had at Oshkosh in FSX earlier. Parking space 94 for small GA at Sedona sent me into the fence trying to get the airplane free and on the taxiiway. I then used the AI and it used the yellow cart (like a parking structure sweeper) to pushback but then on it's route to the runway began slicing various aircraft and vehicles moving on the taxiiway opposite to me. I had once taxiied a DC-3 in FSX and eventually limited myself to the Beech King Air for this sort of thin. But, no nonsense, after assigning functions to a Logitech Freedom 2.4 I had the courage to park the Cessna 52 at Heathrow and using ALT+P get the yellow cart to pushback and back and back. I'm ready to elect a start at Oshkosh. When will it be ready? Does the yellow cart work on grass?

Great work, Nils!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I just saw that PilotEdge will run the simulated AirVenture approaches to OSH again July 14-18, again using real OSH controllers. They say that, when their NOTAM is published, it will use all of the new reporting points and just about any non-turbine or heavy X-Plane or MSFS airplane model will be able to be used.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com