Thread: Need Help with Spirit of Aviation Week virtual activities

Need Help with Spirit of Aviation Week virtual activities

HI, All;

I must've missed the mimeograph on this....

I"ve been monitoring the virtual sites and thought I had this pretty well figured out. Forums, live streams, etc. all good.

The problem is with "my expo". I set up a login; that's good. I sort thru the exhibitors, and they're all there.

I then decide to see who's offering show specials. I click the show specials link, and as expected, a shorter list of exhibitors pop up. If I click on one, let's say iCom, a mini-website pops up with information on their products, but no mention of show specials.

Am I s'posed to stand on the left or the RIGHT foot while swinging my 2020 mini windsock in a circle to see the specials? Or was I swinging the windsock in the wrong direction?

Thanks for any hacks you've discovered on this....

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I think you're almost there. When you get the shorter list of exhibitors filtered by 'Show Special', click on the booth number. The Expocad Web site pops up and zooms in the map to that 'virtual booth'. Click on the virtual booth, and a popup page appears with a 'Coupon' link. Click on that link and a coupon code appears that you can use when ordering from the vendor. Edit: you can just click on the vendor name as well and the popup page appears with the 'Coupon' link.
    Last edited by DBurr; 07-23-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks, Dburr! I find it interesting one has to go thru so many gyrations to get a deal.

Carl Orton

Some vendors were more clued in than others. Some, I guess, did not understand that there were sales and deals to be made. Others, well, seemed to be operating on the back side of the power curve.

There was one, which I will not name but was very interested in their product. The "Special" page, led to an announcement for their Sun'n Fun special. I emailed the company asking about an Airventure special. I got an answer from the "general manager" which only included the standard MSRP list and some product propaganda. On Friday sometime, the vendor actually posted the Oshkosh special, saying to call them to ask about it. Well, the office was closed on Saturday and Sunday, so not much help there. Normally, I would actually purchase the product thru Aircraft Spruce, after having arranged a rebate or some such. I called Spruce on Saturday and they said that they had not received any information on a virtual OSH special incentive, which the sales rep thought was unusual.

Some marketing departments at some firms still seem to be living in the 20th century.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I thought I received a Spruce email with a discount code in it...

Carl Orton

EAA2020 was the ACS promo code.
    Uno percent (1%) off on oil filters. A regular doorbuster, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I thought I received a Spruce email with a discount code in it...
    Spruce was excellent. Not complaining about them. Placed several orders with them during the week. Discounts varied according to what you were buying.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com