Thread: Chatting Aluminum Overcast and 'The Final Mission' w/ Hal and Chris from EAA

Big Grin Chatting Aluminum Overcast and 'The Final Mission' w/ Hal and Chris from EAA

Hey EAA Family,
    I was really excited to chat with Chris and Hal from EAA about their new book, 'The Final Mission' about the veterans that have told amazing stories about their WWII experiences after a ride on Aluminum Overcast. The conversation hit me in the gut a few times, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Tough stories about tough people doing tough things for the good of all of us. We had some good laughs along the way too - particularly when I challenged Chris and Hal to a WWII aircraft identification contest.

Such fun guys.
    Such a fun night.

Give it a watch - would love your feedback!

Ohhhh and I don't think I ever posted this video either, but you might like it (and we talk about it during our chat) - I got to crawl around the inside of EAA's B-25 last summer and it was... ummmm tight in there:

Guarding the Memory of Veterans

https://www.wsj.com/articles/roman-t...age%20of%2097. I saw this recently and it may allow me to report an incident with a Special Security Officer related to a Top Secret government clearance as well as my hanging out with Colonel Russell E. Schleeh, the wingman of Curtiss Lemay in WW-II. The incident involved a comment "It costs the company $100,000.00 and afterwards you will need a frontal lobotomy!" Follow-up seemed to regard the hypothalamus as a believed center of deadly intent and use of telephone carrier signaling. I have included a render of a B-17 model I made to honor the use of the Douglas Long Beach site as a co-production site.Name:  1935 Boeing B-17G solid sitting 012.jpg
Views: 3899
Size:  80.7 KB
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 08-04-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add the link off the Internet