Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Fly in "Protest"

  1. #11
    Auburntsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    We're going to OSH the 18th through the 24th. Staying at Sleepy Hollow Farm, just as we always do. I think there's a few of us that are going to be there just to party with Jeff, Pam and the gang.
    So we rolled both our Sleepy Hollow and RV Reservations to next year back last month. At the time we had absolutely no idea that we’d try to visit the area anyway, but that’s ok since we’re only planning to stay a few days. Might swing by and grab a beer though.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    So we rolled both our Sleepy Hollow and RV Reservations to next year back last month. At the time we had absolutely no idea that we’d try to visit the area anyway, but that’s ok since we’re only planning to stay a few days. Might swing by and grab a beer though.
    Look me up, I'll be on site 69. Call or text, 405-417-6077.

  3. #13
    EAA Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    84
    Hello all,

    A couple of you asked about the tentative re-opening date for the EAA Aviation Museum. Right now, it is August 1. Obviously that could change, but for the time being, that's what's being planned. There should be a formal announcement coming in July, assuming nothing changes between now and then.

    Thanks!

  4. #14
    Auburntsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hello all,

    A couple of you asked about the tentative re-opening date for the EAA Aviation Museum. Right now, it is August 1. Obviously that could change, but for the time being, that's what's being planned. There should be a formal announcement coming in July, assuming nothing changes between now and then.

    Thanks!
    Dang, I was hoping the museum was gonna be open but it is what it is.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

  5. #15
    Auburntsts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    396
    So now that we're going, we're looking for ideas on things to see in Oshkosh and the local area (say under an hour's drive). Any suggestions?
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

  6. #16
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    So now that we're going, we're looking for ideas on things to see in Oshkosh and the local area (say under an hour's drive). Any suggestions?
    I've been staying at the Convention Center Best Western when I've traveled to Oshkosh. Their bar has an outdoor patio that is right next to the river. It's nice in the evenings, with the river walk and the bridge lit up. I actually prefer this hotel to the Hilton.

    (not my picture, BTW)

    For those into antiques, there's an antique mall on South Washburn street, on the other side of 41, not that far from the airport ("Originals Mall of Antiques"). Being that this is Oshkosh, they've got a lot of aviation stuff. I've picked up a couple of good things there, like a fire warning/extinguisher control panel from an F-89 Scorpion. Might be that they tend to stock that stuff when Airventure is coming, and with the cancellation they might have some good discounts, now. Some antique guns, too.

    Shouldn't the title of this be, "Fly-In GOtest"? :-)

    Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 06-23-2020 at 11:31 AM.

  7. #17
    Airmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NW. Atlanta GA
    Posts
    304
    A few ides for your consideration.

    Up in Green Bay...
    Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame
    Green Bay Botanical Gardens
    National Railroad Museum
    New Zoo and Adventure Park
    The Automobile Gallery
    The Neville Museum
    Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary

    In Appleton....
    The Butterfly Garden of Wisconsin
    History Museum at the Castle
    Bubolz Nature Preserve

    In Oshkosh...
    The Paine Art Center and Gardens
    Menominee Zoo
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

  8. #18
    Airmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NW. Atlanta GA
    Posts
    304
    Oops forgot. Manitowoc is a bit over an hour but it’s worth the drive....the Maritime Museum is very cool. They’ve got a WWII sub!!!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

  9. #19
    EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    A few ides for your consideration.

    Up in Green Bay...
    Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame
    Green Bay Botanical Gardens
    National Railroad Museum
    New Zoo and Adventure Park
    The Automobile Gallery
    The Neville Museum
    Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary

    In Appleton....
    The Butterfly Garden of Wisconsin
    History Museum at the Castle
    Bubolz Nature Preserve

    In Oshkosh...
    The Paine Art Center and Gardens
    Menominee Zoo
    Also in Oshkosh, just down the road from our offices, the Military Veterans Museum is well worth a visit: http://mvmec.org/

    Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime #638979
    Senior Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Also in Oshkosh, just down the road from our offices, the Military Veterans Museum is well worth a visit: http://mvmec.org/
    That museum is on our schedule!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •