Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly in "Protest"

Fly in "Protest"

I am sure all of the aviation community is deeply disturbed by the death of (insert name here) in (insert name of place her) and therefore we should hold a huge fly in protest at OSH in July to air our grievances (literally). This big Air. um "protest" will be completely peaceful, including the many war birds and modern military aircraft that I am sure will fly in to join us.

Hey Wing Nut,on another forum I read pilots condoning flying and hovering low at night over a crowd with little room for error in the event of a tail rotor failure or other mechanical issue that could have ended in a serious accident and loss of lives. Now you are suggesting that EAA was wrong in canceling AirVenture given the information they had at the time needed to make a prudent decision. I'm concerned at the mental well being of quite a few of the folks that proclaim to be certified pilots in view of what I've read here and elsewhere. I'm definitely a senior so staying away from crowds and their problems not an issue for me. Flying has been my vocation and avocation for 52 years and missing this event might just mean I'll have more to attend in the future.

My post was pretty much tongue in cheek. We wouldn't want anyone getting teargassed now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlwingnut View Post
    ......we should hold a huge fly in protest at OSH in July to air our grievances (literally). This big Air. um "protest" will be completely peaceful, including the many war birds and modern military aircraft that I am sure will fly in to join us.
    Pretty clever.

Just make sure the authorities aren't able to use golf carts and Gators for crowd control......
    Last edited by Sam Buchanan; 06-11-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Hey Saber25 will there be an Autonomous Airport Zone and can we chant “Ban BFRs!”or paint Will Fly For Food on the taxiway???
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

We’re going and meeting up with RV-8 owner Jay Honeck (he hosts the H.O.P.S. party in North 40 every year) and anyone else that wants to show up. We’re arriving July 20th and departing the 23rd and staying at the Hilton who’ve dropped their rates back to a non-AirVenture amount of ~$100 / night. We’re gonna get a car and do things we’ve never done like hit the Harley museum in Milwaukee and actually explore the town of Oshkosh. I really hope EAA reopens the EAA museum by then. Of course this assumes there’s not a 2nd lockdown.

This is only 1 leg of a 3 leg trip as we’re going to see friends in Iowa and Indiana on the way there and back.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 06-20-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

We're going to OSH the 18th through the 24th. Staying at Sleepy Hollow Farm, just as we always do. I think there's a few of us that are going to be there just to party with Jeff, Pam and the gang.

Rolled into Wisconsin last Monday evening for the summer. Things are starting to reopen even if on a limited scale. We're in a rural area to the NW of OSH that was not greatly impacted so the attitude and practices are more casual as opposed to Milwaukee to Green Bay corridor. Can’t speak to what things are like around OSH but I’m headed that way next week.
    It’s gonna take some sleuthing to figure what’s open. Unfortunately the HD museum remains closed with no published opening date. The Houdini museum up in Appleton reopened on the 14th, I’m taking that as a good sign. EAA should probably publish a tentative opening date for the museum. Most summer events were cancelled long ago but the county were in is still going forward with their county fair in late August. God love ‘em for that!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Rolled into Wisconsin last Monday evening for the summer. Things are starting to reopen even if on a limited scale. We're in a rural area to the NW of OSH that was not greatly impacted so the attitude and practices are more casual as opposed to Milwaukee to Green Bay corridor. Can’t speak to what things are like around OSH but I’m headed that way next week.
    It’s gonna take some sleuthing to figure what’s open. Unfortunately the HD museum remains closed with no published opening date. The Houdini museum up in Appleton reopened on the 14th, I’m taking that as a good sign. EAA should probably publish a tentative opening date for the museum. Most summer events were cancelled long ago but the county were in is still going forward with their county fair in late August. God love ‘em for that!
    According to the Harley Museum website they are going to reopen tomorrow, June 22nd.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

You would be correct, but it looks like they don’t come up to speed until the 3rd week of July. I should have checked their website rather than rely on word of mouth. Apologies.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime