Thread: Is there an active EAA Chapter near Lancaster, CA

Is there an active EAA Chapter near Lancaster, CA

I just moved and I am trying to connect with a local chapter, in hope that after this virus passes I will be able to hang out with other EAA members.

But I am having trouble contacting anyone. Can anyone put me in contact with a chapter nearby?
    1978 Grumman AA1C w/O-320

I found this link to be for the locally locked up. https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-chapters/find-an-eaa-chapter It needs an airport 3 letter code or - and the Mojave fly-in is cancelled and the link crashes. Some spell Mojave phonetically like Mohave. Rosamond ? Palmdale where the factories are? I gues the closest is Farmington NY and Grumman now that Rutan has been taken over. https://www.world-airport-codes.com/united-states/lancaster-3962.html Putting all that bad info together gives chapters in Lancaster , PA so I'm going to guess the correct answer is Chapter 14 from the broken link for the Mojave fly-in. I'm not dead yet. http://airportsbase.org/United_States/California/Lancaster I would next fire up my FSX except it is a bit dated. Sorry, I'm clipped wings challenged.
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 06-09-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: needed ICAO identifier for Lancaster CA

Quote Originally Posted by thisadviceisworthles View Post
    I just moved and I am trying to connect with a local chapter, in hope that after this virus passes I will be able to hang out with other EAA members.

But I am having trouble contacting anyone. Can anyone put me in contact with a chapter nearby?
    Chapter 49 meets every first Friday in the terminal building at WJF (General William J. Fox Field) Lancaster CA, 5:00 PM.

EAA 49
    Rosamond, CA
    President: Diane Barney
    Meetings: Every 1st Friday 5:00 PM
    4555 West Ave G
    Lancaster CA 93534
    Programs: Young Eagles, Technical Counselors, Flight Advisors

The website link seems to be down, but you might try calling or emailing Diane Barney.
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS

Thank you both for your help.

I did manage to get in touch with Chapter 1000. It turns out their e-mail was recently hacked and my contact attempts were lost in that. Meeting are currently suspended (due to the virus and the base status as a result), but I have been looped into their e-mail list so I can join when the meetings start up again.

As for Chapter 49, I have not successfully contacted them. The number goes to a voicemail that cannot accept messages, and my e-mail received no response. If the terminal is open in July, I may try to wonder into their July meeting.
    1978 Grumman AA1C w/O-320

I am currently looking to locate the Lancaster Eaa as well. I have recently made KWJF my home base and have been able to meet a few of the locals around the field. Would love to meet with a few other locals and share/gain a bit of knowledge from a few members a bit more well versed than I before I begin my next build.

Stay safe yall and hope to see you up there!