Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Searching for info on Debonairs...

Searching for info on Debonairs...

In SA magazine if possible... Looking for different perspectives from all sources... I've looked in all the usual spots including AOPA, and elsewhere on line... But I'm looking for EAA member's experience, too.
    Thanks for any links or response..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, and my only experience is a good one: Years (1975) ago I rented a B-33 Debonair for a trip from New Mexico to Kentucky and back. It's a nice flying aircraft, just a lower powered (225 HP in the one I flew) straight tail Bonanza, and handling is typical Bonanza. So, other than speed, it's as nice for a travel machine as any other Bonanza. A year or so later I rented an F-33A (285 HP) for the same trip, and other than performance the trip was about the same.

So are you looking for restoration info, or what to look for before purchase, or what it flies like, or PIREP, or... ??

Larry N.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post

So are you looking for restoration info, or what to look for before purchase, or what it flies like, or PIREP, or... ??
    Yes to all of the above... Well, maybe not restoration...

I'm an old, rusty pilot. Not yet current again (thanks to COVID 19). Who might try to own a plane, and actually use it for travel.

An RV (land yacht) doesn't appeal to me, and the costs of operation seems remarkably similar

You want to go over to Beachtalk and probably also join the American Bonanza Society.

I'm on beech talk won't join society until I own one...

I don’t think I have ever seen an article in Sport Aviation. I have only flown a V-tail. Bomanza’s are great airplanes!

There are a bunch of Bonanza articles in the Sport Aviation Archive: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-pub...iation-archive

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    There are a bunch of Bonanza articles in the Sport Aviation Archive: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-pub...iation-archive
    Thanks for the link... That gets me to the archive search I sought... Alas, no articles on Debonairs... Plenty of Bos ...

Didn't the AOPA purchase, restore and raffle off a Debbie back in 90's? Seems there were progress stories in their magazine every month for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Thanks for the link... That gets me to the archive search I sought... Alas, no articles on Debonairs... Plenty of Bos ...

Think of a Debonair as a Bonanza that just has a lower powered engine than the same vintage Bonanzas -- otherwise they're essentially the same aircraft. So a Bonanza article still mostly applies, except for takeoff, climb and cruise performance figures, which will be a little lower.

Larry N.