Thread: eaa-81

eaa-81

Looking for someone to help with a reduction drive,,,,,,I need one,,,,for a subaru ea-81 engine

I have a complete firewall forward with E-81. Will sell all of part. Has a Don Parham 2.1 to 1 belt redrive. Contact me at dnew@mcschaff.com

I have a Formula Power (sub conversion) with the Ross redrive. I believe it has a dyno sheet listing it as 185 HP (or 195, I for got) This engine was in a Murphy Rebel that was flown 303 hrs. until the plane was ground-looped. I aquired it for parts but may sell the firewal forward if you are interested. I'm located in North central MN.

Hi I was wondering what you were asking for your ea81 engine and how many hours it has on it as well if I wanted to buy just reed drive how much for that. Thanks mike f.

Mike,
    The engine has 303 hrs. TT and is currently installed in a damaged Murphy Rebel. This particular engine was in a write in Contact magazine many years ago. It is set up very nicely with a Airflow Performance fuel injection, carbon fiber intake, etc. It has a Ross redrive not a reed. I am thinking if I sell it I woul probably want around $5,000. I guess I need to sit down and figure everything out before selling it. I paid more than twice that for the damaged plane and not sure what the rest of it would be worth in todays market.
    Keith

Mike, I have subi-lyc belted drive that has never been used bolted to an EA-81 salvaged yard engine that has never been started or installed other than in the car it came out of. I came across an O-290 that solved my lack of engine mount problem and used that instead. Email me if you want further info or pics.

A little off the thread, but I have a complete firewall forward Crossflow CF4-20T Subaru conversion on an RV-7a mount still in the crate that I will sell for a very, very good price. 200 hp, turbo normalized to 12,000 feet, provision for constant speed prop, fully programmed ECU w/electronic ignition. E-mail me if you are interested.