Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Airventure 2020

Virtual Airventure 2020

EAA should create a Virtual AirVenture (VAV) 2020. Have An online VAV passport where members can upload pics of them visiting 5 airports in the month of July (while social distancing). Virtual Camp Scholler with pics of camping at other/local airports. Submit airplane photos for judging in all the categories. VAV KidVenture balsa glider available. Check 3 passport items and get "I attended VAV 2020" patch or sticker to keep their string running. Possibilities endless.
    Ross

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello Ross,

Our team is currently working on a digital AirVenture plan right now. There will be more details released in the coming weeks. Thanks!

Sam

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hello Ross,

Our team is currently working on a digital AirVenture plan right now. There will be more details released in the coming weeks. Thanks!

Sam
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Let's start speculating on who will be playing at the virtual opening night concert.
    I'm going with Devo

I hope there will be a virtual ornithopter, and a golf cart pops up for a few seconds when you try to navigate to a different page.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 05-06-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    and a golf cart pops up for a few seconds when you try to navigate to a different page.
    Please, no... just... no. I do like the Devo idea, though.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

I can pre-record some horrible jokes as I conduct an imaginary tram?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hello Ross,

Sam
    Do I get to claim credit for this since I posted this suggestion back on April 7th? Just lookin’ for my 15 minutes of fame...

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I have a virtual tram.Name:  DAZ Hum-V Retriever and Tram 015.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  71.1 KB

as a free sample of the possibiliities........

"Last July, while I was busy conducting a tram, my idiot brother called me up in a big tizzy. He had locked his keys in his car and spent nearly 2-1/2 hours under the blazing Sun, working with a bent coat-hanger, to get the wife and kids out of the car. I TOLD him he was a fool to buy that convertible in the first place, but he never listens."

"During the quarantine I called my local restaurant and asked "Do you deliver?", the lady said 'NO, we do beef, chicken and fish'. so I hung up."
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 05-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

With jokes like that, I’m wondering why you haven’t been “promoted” to the black flag tram. That one runs between runway 18-36 and taxiway A during the warbird part of the air show.

Name:  6AF66CE1-19D2-49F8-9E27-BAB0DE8C9183.jpeg
Views: 1361
Size:  38.9 KB
    Last edited by PaulDow; 05-10-2020 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Removed incorrect video link. Replaced with static picture.