Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2020 IS officially cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Would you rather that they cease to exist? No way they can survive on membership dues alone!
    The EAA certainly could not survive the thousands of lawsuits brought against it by attendees who would try to claim they caught the virus while attending Airventure. Yes, it's already happening to restaurant owners around the country and many will go out of business fighting something that can not be proven true or false.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyfeehan View Post
    The EAA certainly could not survive the thousands of lawsuits brought against it by attendees who would try to claim they caught the virus while attending Airventure. Yes, it's already happening to restaurant owners around the country and many will go out of business fighting something that can not be proven true or false.
    Not sure what issue you are taking, as I was in no way disputing the decision made. Just disputing the attitude that new fundraising requests may be on the way from EAA is somehow a bad thing given the majority of their day to day operational budget comes from AirVenture.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Not sure what issue you are taking, as I was in no way disputing the decision made. Just disputing the attitude that new fundraising requests may be on the way from EAA is somehow a bad thing given the majority of their day to day operational budget comes from AirVenture.
    Sorry, didn't want it to sound that way, my mistake. I'm in full agreement with the decision also. I did get a letter about two weeks ago from EAA for donations for new bricks by the Brown Arch; they may have been testing the waters. Our EAA chapter has hosted the largest Cub Fly-in outside of Sentimental Journey; we announced today we will be also canceling that event. Simple facts are we are also going to be hurting for funds over the next year and will have to look for other avenues, including donations. Unprecedented times will call for creative methods to keep some of the things we feel are important afloat for the next year or so. I think Airventure 2020 T'Shirts might be a way to get a few funds; just an idea.
    Marty57

We all knew it was coming. I'm glad that the decision is at least made.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I can't decide, is this Biden's, Trump's or Bernie Sander's fault? - or one of the Kardashians'? - LOL
    I AM BLAMING THE PRC!!!
    Perhaps EAA should demand a Nanchang CJ6 with a year’s supply of fuel for each member as payment for damages.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Now planning on an upper mid-west "Adventure Fly About". Tent and camping gear ready. Sectional ready. Airport/Facility Directory - check. Face covering - packed. Plan to flitter about airports along the way, and in the Oshkosh area, camping where my horse (oops, I mean airplane) decides it's time to rest. All the while following guidelines and maintaining appropriate "camping distance". Got a lot of lemons, and now time to make some lemonade...

Take care, Wayne
    Last edited by Wsquare; 05-02-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psvinny View Post
    I am tempted to grab a couple of camp chairs and drive toOSH for the day and sit on the grass at the airport. Of course I will maintain 6 foot distancing from anyone else that is there.
    Had exactly the same idea. I plan on showing up in my 2020 AV tee shirt for a selfie at the main gate. So if we stay in groups of 10 or less and 6 ft apart we’re good to go??? After all the right to assemble is guaranteed in the Bill Of Rights which no governor can usurp.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Good call Jack Pelton and EAA Board. I have been attending for over 30 years, see you all next year.. BE SAFE..

Since EAA really relies on AV for a good chunk of its annual budget, I wonder if they can arrange some kind of one-off event when this is all over? Winterventure 2020? Or a series of one day or weekend long fly-ins around the nation. Airventure-on-Tour 2020.

If not I fear they work from the Kitplanes method of fundraising and send me a weekly letter asking me extend my subscription even though I have 37 months to go. (Seriously, WTF Kitplanes, just stop!)

I noted Jack Pelton saying, "I have no choice but to cancel..." Personal responsibility. Not the board, not some organization. His decision. Good for him. That is leadership.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com