Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2020 IS officially cancelled

Hold the event or cancel it has ALWAYS been a "No Good Deed goes Unpunished" and a "Darned if ya' do and Darned if ya' don't" situation.

When the opinion of half the passengers on the bus says turn right at the crossroads, and the other half wants left? I reckon it's up to the bus driver to cast the only vote that counts?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by lynnlpitts View Post
    What a stupid call....so much for the fighting spirit!!!
    Wasn't really their call. Wisconsin just experienced a 4% uptick in infections. The governor is holding fast to his May26th lock down mandate. EAA was faced with the decision of whether to start seriously investing into the show. Getting to a Phase III release just wasn’t in the cards for EAA. The financials committed to 2020 can be rolled over to 2021.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    My conclusion is, like in any good flight planning, don’t take the risk. Therefore, I have no choice but to cancel AirVenture 2020.
    Jack J. Pelton

It is refreshing to see that the ship has a rudder.

Because of our dedicated and enthusiastic EAA members, our Association is strong.
    Jack J. Pelton

EAA has plenty resources in the bank to weather the storm to cancel more than just one convention.

It's a decision that I'm very glad I didn't have to make. Would have caught flak either way.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Hold the event or cancel it has ALWAYS been a "No Good Deed goes Unpunished" and a "Darned if ya' do and Darned if ya' don't" situation.

When the opinion of half the passengers on the bus says turn right at the crossroads, and the other half wants left? I reckon it's up to the bus driver to cast the only vote that counts?
    Doesn't mean you can't yell at him. :-)

Ron "Not yelling" Wanttaja

Exactly the right decision. Thank you Jack and the board in coming to the right conclusion on this. Of course we adore Airventure! But it's not worth losing lives over. Good call.

Yes, refreshing!

I can't decide, is this Biden's, Trump's or Bernie Sander's fault? - or one of the Kardashians'? - LOL
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I can't decide, is this Biden's, Trump's or Bernie Sander's fault? - or one of the Kardashians'? - LOL
    I am tempted to grab a couple of camp chairs and drive toOSH for the day and sit on the grass at the airport. Of course I will maintain 6 foot distancing from anyone else that is there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmurphy View Post
    How long before we start getting contacted about donating money because their cash cow was cancelled?
    Would you rather that they cease to exist? No way they can survive on membership dues alone!