Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2020 IS officially cancelled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AirVenture 2020 IS officially cancelled

Just got Jack Pelton's e-mail here at home

https://eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publica...PH3XFOuOMAGh1s
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 05-01-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Sad but the right call. Glad they made the call this early.

I guess in a state where cops come to your home to threaten you when your kids play with your neighbor’s kids, it would be pretty tough to hold an event like this. As Jack pointed out, it’s not just a July event; activity would have begun now.

We must never forget who prevented containing the virus at the origin, and all the worldwide damage they caused.

I’ll just edit to avoid thread clutter to address the comment below.
    I was pointing out how Wisconsin has extreme lockdown rules that could get people arrested for benign activities, so the Convention would be impossible to hold. Also, I don’t see why it’s controversial to criticize the Communists who started this.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 05-01-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Only took 6 minutes for someone to make it political. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    I guess in a state where cops come to your home to threaten you when your kids play with your neighbor’s kids, it would be pretty tough to hold an event like this. As Jack pointed out, it’s not just a July event; activity would have begun now.

We must never forget who prevented containing the virus at the origin, and all the worldwide damage they caused.

No doubt its a bummer for all that wanted to attend, but the sheer size of the liability that the EAA would have to deal with, at least common sense from the powers that be, decided to not venture down that path. Its not the end of the world for the city of Oshkosh and its not the end of the world for the EAA and all of the money they have invested in the infrastructure of Wittman Field. Both factions will survive and hopefully " OSHKOSH 2021 " will happen next year, but for now, the picture says it all.
    Name:  DSC_2848 (2).jpg
Views: 2872
Size:  94.8 KB
    ​" Good isn't cheap, and Cheap isn't good "

I don't know if gatherings in 2021 can be predicted with certainty.

What a stupid call....so much for the fighting spirit!!!

How long before we start getting contacted about donating money because their cash cow was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmurphy View Post
    How long before we start getting contacted about donating money because their cash cow was cancelled?
    That or increased ticket prices next year to make up for the shortfall. And they know people will pay it for their "fix".
    Just ordered my 2020 souvenir hat, lol.
    Last edited by turtle; 05-01-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Hold the event or cancel it has ALWAYS been a "No Good Deed goes Unpunished" and a "Darned if ya' do and Darned if ya' don't" situation.

When the opinion of half the passengers on the bus says turn right at the crossroads, and the other half wants left? I reckon it's up to the bus driver to cast the only vote that counts?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln