Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2020 IS officially cancelled

I thought 30 years old was called antique by EAA. That was back in 1976 when my restored 1946 Chief was 30 years old.
    And I thought there was also a category called classic for the 1955 C-170 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    You can go sit on the deck at the Hilton and have them serve you food and drinks and watch the occasional runway 9 arrival.
    I am seriously thinking about doing that. My wive is planning a mini family reunion for her side in Traverse City the first week in August. As long as I am going that far, why not leave a few days early, fly to OSH, see what the new Museum stuff looks like -- and see who else acts on a similar idea. Rooms at the Hilton should be reasonable.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Yeah but... what will be the ROE for hotels and restaurants in Wisconsin by then. The bars have re-opened after the Wi SC overturned Evers mandate. Hopefully the museum will be open too.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    I am seriously thinking about doing that. My wive is planning a mini family reunion for her side in Traverse City the first week in August. As long as I am going that far, why not leave a few days early, fly to OSH, see what the new Museum stuff looks like -- and see who else acts on a similar idea. Rooms at the Hilton should be reasonable.
    I haven't heard lately, but one of my friends was planning to go "camp" in the Hilton and they hadn't yet cancelled the "show rates."

To all those who are concerned about breaking their attendance streak. Don't think about it that way. If an event doesn't happen, then did your streak end? Nope. Sure we all want to go every year, but I think of it this way. I save money all year long to attend. I have a funds goal to meet every year. Now my funds are going to double for the next Oshkosh (Airventure). Since I plan to spend X number of dollars each year, next time I will have double that and hope to have double the money to waste (no, have fun with). Been dreaming of a B-17 ride and now this dream may become reality next time.

What I'm hoping for is the non aviation vendors to quit coming. I love Airventure, but hate people asking to clean my glasses every time I walk through the hangers. And the ones who want to stick something on me to relieve my pain. I do like the look on their face when I bend over and tell the to put it on my butt because that's where they are causing my pain.

Looking forward to some kind of virtual Airventure. And Chicago randy's virtual tram rides.

"
    hat I'm hoping for is the non aviation vendors to quit coming. I love Airventure, but hate people asking to clean my glasses every time I walk through the hangers. And the ones who want to stick something on me to relieve my pain. I do like the look on their face when I bend over and tell the to put it on my butt because that's where they are causing my pain."

I always tell them I got rid of all my aches and pains in 2001 - she's now living with her new husband in Ohio,

"Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Scuba72: You definitely should do the B-17 experience. I did it last year during Airventure with my daughter watching from the campground. One of the greatest experiences I've had. I am trying to figure out how I will top that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    How old do you have to be to park in vintage?
    I've been attending off and on since the mid-70's. I can't remember anyone ever checking ID's but maybe
    thats a new requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by L-188 View Post
    I've been attending off and on since the mid-70's. I can't remember anyone ever checking ID's but maybe
    thats a new requirement.
    Not the pilot, but the aircraft. We run nearly everybody through software I wrote to verify eligiblity (also flags our special parkers like past grand champions). Pilots are incredible liars.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Pilots are incredible liars.
    No we aren't. :-)

Ron "Would I lie to you?" Wanttaja