Whenever you’re outside and you hear the drone of an airplane do stop and look up?

Living in NW Atlanta offers a lot of opportunities to airplane gaze. Whenever I hear the rumble of a radial and eagerly look to the sky my wife gives that look like she just met one of my old girlfriends. I still watch the northbound traffic climbing to altitude coming out of ATL. I enjoy the bi-weekly low level flyovers of the reserves in their C-130s out of Dobbins. The amount of GA traffic has certainly decreased since 9/11 and just never really came back. Most it today seems to be corporate jets. I miss the bug smashers.

I was up in Wisconsin last week, and yes it was cold and it did snow, and heard the putt-putt of a Champ. Low and slow hopefully enjoying the view of dairy country. Have to admit I was a bit jealous. My tree planting efforts stopped until he disappeared behind the tree line. Didn’t really see him but you could hear the deep rumble of a military fighter most likely burning bunches of kerosene in the Volks MOA, lucky dog.

So....Do you look up?