Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no EAA updates

Why no EAA updates

Why are no EAA officials posting any updates? Last we heard from Jack Pelton was the 26th of March where he said, "I will keep you posted". I'm sure they monitor the forums.

I hate to sound negative, but I, at this time feel that Oshkosh 2020 should not occur unless its restricted to EAA members only, no general public. Even then, we will need to take precautions. I'm sure EAA would never go for that since non EAA members infuse $$$$ to there revenue. There can be no opening day concert due to social distancing which I feel will go on well past July. Can you imagine little X's painted or taped all over the grounds 6 feet apart?

I hope I'm wrong.

Dave in Missouri

I'm guessing they haven't made their final decision. It is kind of pointless to make repeated statements of:

"We haven't decided. Stay tuned."
    Last edited by Kyle Boatright; 04-19-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I'm guessing they haven't made their final decision. It is kind of pointless to make repeated statements of:

"We haven't decided. Stay posted."
    +1 - I don't expect any formal announcements till they decide and have something to announce..
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Well the governor’s extension of the stay safe in place order until May 26th certainly impacts. Volunteer arrivals and work typically starts in May. Are the grounds open and work parties a go?? EAA probably should make a statement.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Well the governor’s extension of the stay safe in place order until May 26th certainly impacts. Volunteer arrivals and work typically starts in May. Are the grounds open and work parties a go?? EAA probably should make a statement.
    Dave, is there *that* much to do? What exactly is going on in May and Early June? I know there are work parties <refurbish the showers or...>, but my sense is that the real flurry of activity takes place pretty late in the process.

I would imagine they are having frequent discussions with the state authorities to ensure a way to keep patrons safe. The loss of Osh2020 would be devastating economically for the city and surrounding communities. It is literally a loss of an entire year of revenue for many of the local businesses and they will disappear.

Hold out as long as needed. If it is a go, I would bet they get many new volunteers showing up to make sure it opens on time. I along with several others from our airport, are ready to head out whenever needed if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba72 View Post
    Why are no EAA officials posting any updates? Last we heard from Jack Pelton was the 26th of March where he said, "I will keep you posted". I'm sure they monitor the forums.

I hate to sound negative, but I, at this time feel that Oshkosh 2020 should not occur unless its restricted to EAA members only, no general public. Even then, we will need to take precautions. I'm sure EAA would never go for that since non EAA members infuse $$$$ to there revenue. There can be no opening day concert due to social distancing which I feel will go on well past July. Can you imagine little X's painted or taped all over the grounds 6 feet apart?

I hope I'm wrong.

Dave in Missouri
    Jack Pelton said an announcement would be made in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Dave, is there *that* much to do? What exactly is going on in May and Early June? I know there are work parties <refurbish the showers or...>, but my sense is that the real flurry of activity takes place pretty late in the process.
    Outdoor work begins as soon as the weather breaks. I have been up in mid May and a considerable amount of setup was already complete. It is a huge amount of work to get structures, signs, etc. setup every year.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba72 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong.
    As do I.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.