Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare Us From the Zombies!

I found the perfect solution for a free, simple way to deal with a forum necrobumping troll, and it's only taken me 3-1/2 years of membership here to find it and use it - LOL

In any of their posts, click on the suspected 'under the bridge' member's underlined name to go to their profile page, on the left side the 2nd item that appears is the "add to the Ignore list" option, click it and VOILA!, for you they no longer exist and you are free of their childish bother and wasted bandwidth.

You're welcome.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Man what took you so long to figure that out?? Is a well deserved DUH in order?
    Well I’m not a hip woke social justice warrior with my hair pulled back into a man bun and had never heard the term necro bumping. So technically what’s the timeline line 30 days, 6 months, a year???

This is a membership driven forum, members come and go. What may be old to some is new to others. Some threads have come back to life like your favorite aviation movie and even the moderators joined back in. I’m not sure I’m buying into the idea that someone actually joined EAA just to troll the forum. Perhaps just a case of awkward exuberance... Just thinking out loud.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

"
    Man what took you so long to figure that out?? Is a well deserved DUH in order?

I'd say not only a DUH, but a DOH! too - LOL I've been on the interwebs since Al Gore invented them but it's only been since I became a retired curmudgeon 6 years ago ( as opposed to my always being a younger curmudgeon) that trolling has started to get under my skin a little. I guess I'm a late bloomer? This is honestly the 1st time I've ever "ignored" a poster.

Personally? I get a little 'suspect' of a bump of posts from 3 years ago. Beyond that? Seeing replies to posts that died 5-10 years ago removes MY doubt. But that's just me and I only strive to keep ME happy after all.

It is almost the definition of a 'troll' that they join random forums across the web solely TO play their silly games. I don't recall, but I don't think you have to an EAA member to join here? Used to mostly happen when the schools were out, but now so many more are in their mom's basements all day every day instead of working a day job. - LOL
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-19-2020 at 07:08 AM.

I was expecting that we had gone full Z-Day and it was finally an opportunity to suit up and shoot zombies in the head.

Wrong kind of zombie.

Darn you, Internet!

[edit]

I'm also going to bookmark this thread, wait a couple years, and then necro it just because.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    I was expecting that we had gone full Z-Day and it was finally an opportunity to suit up and shoot zombies in the head.

Wrong kind of zombie.

Darn you, Internet!
    Well, heck, Frank, when I saw you'd posted to this thread, I thought you were going to announce that you were changing your Nieuport's nose art to a zombie Raoul Lufbery or something....

Ron Wanttaja

All this chatter encouraged me to go to the profiles page. 2dsegment's info is rather sparse, which got me t look at and update my own page. Surprise, today is the 8th anniversary of me joining this forum. Times passes more quickly with each year.

Anyway, I also opened this thread hoping that someone recognized that the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us. It would definitely give me something to do...
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Surprise, today is the 8th anniversary of me joining this forum. Times passes more quickly with each year.

So, are you gonna find all the threads from that day 8 years ago and reply to them?
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Good tip Mayhem - got me motivated to bring mine up to date. Been in the EAA and volunteering at Oshkosh for a long time, but only on this forum since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    So, are you gonna find all the threads from that day 8 years ago and reply to them?

umm..no. I don’t even want to look at them
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

This is an example of a policy enacted by the Moderators of a forum I frequent - I share it here because it's a good and simple policy - IMHO- and one that a lot of other forums adopt.

"Attention members,

Please be careful not to reply to threads that are more than a few months old.
    We've been seeing a lot of people reply to threads that were last active several years ago, for example. One member even once replied to a thread and asked the original poster a question,
    not realizing he had been dead for over a year
    . PLEASE check the posting dates of the thread in question before you think of writing a reply. Original thread starters posting a follow-up are of course welcome to do so.

As a general rule, if the thread is more than six months old do not resurrect it unless you have something really important or useful to contribute. Bringing it back from the archives to merely add your opinion doesn't count.

Thank you. "
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-19-2020 at 11:51 PM.