Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare Us From the Zombies!

Spare Us From the Zombies!

Good grief......are we destined to see every thread in the "Hangar Talk" archives brought back from the dead by 2ndsegment???

Moderators........
    Last edited by Sam Buchanan; 04-16-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Get the feeling 2nd might be "trollin', trollin' trollin', keep them old posts rollin'?" LOL
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Get the feeling 2nd might be "trollin', trollin' trollin', keep them old posts rollin'?" LOL
    So why are you giving a new user such grief? Way to make someone feel welcome! They just joined this month and I'm sure is scrolling through everything on the board, and guess what? If they choose to comment on it because it is relevant to them, why does that bother you so much? If we don't want old posts "brought back to life", maybe anything over a year old should be removed, huh?

I welcome all to the wonderful passion that is all-things-aviation. I have been the new guy on every forum in which I now actively participate. I also typically lurk for a while before even posting for the first time and do indeed scan some of the previous posts to see what might interest me or about which I might actually have an insight to share with the group.

I have never needed to read through a couple YEARS of posts before finding something of interest. NEVER. In my 3 decades of forum haunting it has been my experience that necroposting IS one of the fav ploys of those dragging their lure behind a moving boat.

If this newcomer IS indeed not a troll, welcome my friend and giddy-up. But till then? If it walks, talks and swims like a duck, I must allow for the 'possibility' that it is a duck? I hope that my personal views on things don't bother anyone else. It's just the internet, we ain't curing any major diseases here.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-17-2020 at 09:57 AM.

So assume they are a troll because they are not behaving the way YOU would do something? How welcoming you are. In this day of mandated stay at home, what else does one do but scroll through years of posts and maybe comment on a few. And from what I've seen the comments are not derogatory in any way. So again, thank you welcoming committee for calling names just because they are behaving differently than you.

"The background at Willow Run that day was 707's with the tubular noise suppressor taking off and landing. Shucks, I missed the unsuppressed JT3's and water injected JT4s!" By Second Segment.

This statement actually brought back some interesting memories of when I worked at the Big airline in SFO and had experience on the JT3, JT4 and many later model PW engines.

Our 707 was ready to be pushed back from the gate when the hapless Flight engineer accidentally activated the dump on the water tanks and the flight was delayed while the tanks were replenished. This before CRM and I can just imagine the Captain to S/O conversation. At take off and well into the distance, the water wagons could be followed by the smoke and noise of those four engines. The romance of working on the line and servicing those beautiful gleaming birds convinced me to follow my dreams into the cockpit.

Thanks for the memories Second Segment. Perhaps you should explain that nomenclature and your background. It sounds interesting!

What every forum software needs is this (this one is from POA), which automatically shows up on any old thread just above the reply box:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Since our newcomer's latest post reply is from a 2013 thread? I'm saying..."It's a Duck" - lol

I don't care what y'all post, if it doesn't interest me in the first sentence, and a short one at that, I just keep on scrolling.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    So assume they are a troll because they are not behaving the way YOU would do something? How welcoming you are. In this day of mandated stay at home, what else does one do but scroll through years of posts and maybe comment on a few. And from what I've seen the comments are not derogatory in any way. So again, thank you welcoming committee for calling names just because they are behaving differently than you.
    An informative read:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=necrobump