Thread: Trouble installing Virtual Flight Academy

Trouble installing Virtual Flight Academy

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting VFA installed. I searched the forum for answers. I have watched the videos and read the getting started guide. I have installed Flight Sim from steam, and downloaded the VFA stage 1. when I try to install, the only platform that shows is custom install. So I try to do it with custom, and it goes through the iinstallation process, but at the end it stops and says "An error occurred while trying to read the source file: The source file C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\(FSX)\ ThermalDescriptions.xml* does not exist. Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file(not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation. Anyone else had this problem, or know a solution? I'm running a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 with Core I7 and Nvidia GEFORCE GTX Graphics.

[QUOTE=kjrhaynes;80949]Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting VFA installed. I searched the forum for answers. I have watched the videos and read the getting started guide. I have installed Flight Sim from steam, and downloaded the VFA stage 1. when I try to install, the only platform that shows is custom install. So I try to do it with custom, and it goes through the iinstallation process, but at the end it stops and says "An error occurred while trying to read the source file: The source file C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\(FSX)\ ThermalDescriptions.xml* does not exist. Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file(not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation. Anyone else had this problem, or know a solution? I'm running a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 with Core I7 and Nvidia GEFORCE GTX Graphics.[

Fixed. I went to TakeFlight and got it fixed.