Hi, All;

Just sitting here before the days chores begin and I got to thinking....

I know National is still planning on Convention occurring as normal, but things are getting weird with the spike in new covid cases, states locking things down, etc. So, what if...

Let's say mid-May comes around, things are still bleak, and National decides to call it a year and forego Convention. But then, suddenly, by July 1st, the world is somewhat back to normal. Would it be impractical to have a flash mob convention/fly-in? Just whomever wants to fly in, camp under their planes or in Scholler, and just have a good ol' "nothin' but talkin' planes" type gathering? Maybe just a long weekend. This wouldn't take too much planning, as the "stuff" is already there - Wittman, Scholler, etc.

They can sell some T-shirts, cuz ya know they've already been ordered. We could throw together some forum speakers on the fly. The app or OSHFUN txt system could advise of forum updates, etc. MUCH much smaller than in recent years, but still it could provide an opportunity to provide the continuity, especially after 3 or so months of isolation.

I never had the experience of the earlier days of Oshkosh, Rockford, etc., but from what I've seen anecdotally, it was a more purer (scuse the grammar) event. I love the full blown Convention, but we've gotta have SOMETHING, don't we?!?