Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Contingency Planning - Return to the days of old?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    What letter?!?
    The one you and I didn't get.

Banned
    Must be another one of Bob's conspiracy theories

Air Academy sessions for 2020 cancelled per the website. Can register for 2021. I assume that’s what he is referring to.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Air Academy sessions for 2020 cancelled per the website. Can register for 2021. I assume that’s what he is referring to.
    No. He said, "well I guess everybody got the letter from EAA today" The Academy notice was a posting on the website. He's assuming Members got a phantom letter like he did.

Since I asked what letter, the mail was delivered and, yup, there was an EAA letter. Foundation. Asking for $$$to improve educational opportunities.

One line, though, said they were proceeding with plans for the show to go on....

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Last time I checked, the Milwaukee Democrat convention was moved from mid July to August 18.

Sorry guys, I got busy and just now got back to the computer. The letter I got says; They are following state mandates and they are closing the EAA Aviation Museum, canceling activites at the Oshkosh facilities and supending the Ford Tri-Motor flights for the next 30 days. "We are still moving ahead with our plans for AirVenture, our annual family reunion, and will keep you advised." If you want I can scan the letter and post if any of you doubt that I got a letter, (Floats) lol.
    Bob
    Oh, I'm going off line again now, shower time.
    Last edited by robert l; 04-13-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Sorry guys, I got busy and just now got back to the computer. The letter I got says; They are following state mandates and they are closing the EAA Aviation Museum, canceling activites at the Oshkosh facilities and supending the Ford Tri-Motor flights for the next 30 days. "We are still moving ahead with our plans for AirVenture, our annual family reunion, and will keep you advised.".
    I have not received any letter. And to me it really doesn't matter because none of this is news. EAA made these pronouncements public the week of March 14, a month ago. I posted about this stuff on March 21 under another related thread. Furthermore, if you go to the EAA website you'll find a March 26 posting that they are still moving ahead with Osh.

Move along, move along, nothin' to see here kid.

I'm not sure I know what the big deal is.

If you don't feel safe going to OSH, DON'T GO!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbalexander View Post
    I'm not sure I know what the big deal is.

If you don't feel safe going to OSH, DON'T GO!!
    True - but for those who've attended for a long time and for those for whom this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, for the over 7,000 volunteers like me who make the event happen, for the 800+ exhibitors who ARE a big chunk of what AirVenture is all about, and for all those across the planet now questioning whether or not to spend the HUGE amount -many times not refundable - that an airplane ticket and other transportation to Oshkosh, WI, USA costs, not to mention all the paid laborers, countless service and food companies and workers and the 'kinda' important' $$ infusion into the whole area for the event? It IS a big deal whether or not the event happens.

Worth noting last year's numbers -

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...-a-Record-Year

Other than that, the possibility of catching a presently incurable virus, and if you're older - like a large % of EAA member and AirVenture attendees are -the slight possibility said virus WILL kill you? Life is good, says I.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln