Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: Contingency Planning - Return to the days of old?

  1. #51
    I donít think EAA is going to be calling the shots on whether or not Oshkosh is canceled. I would expect there to be an order from the Wisconsin governor limiting groups of certain sizes once the restrictions start to ease.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    The Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    28

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by azmedic85355 View Post
    I donít think EAA is going to be calling the shots on whether or not Oshkosh is canceled. I would expect there to be an order from the Wisconsin governor limiting groups of certain sizes once the restrictions start to ease.
    B I N G O ! Local government will have final say.
    Robert "Bob" Ferguson, EAA #1228198
    President, EAA Chapter 78
    EAA-The Spirit of Aviation
    Phone: 267.243.5198
    eaachapter78@gmail.com
    https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa78
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/eaachapter78/

    You can always go from nice to mean.
    But you can NEVER go from mean to nice.
    BE KIND to ONE ANOTHER!

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    734
    I'm no kind of world renowned epidemiologist -a trained 4th generation Funeral Director/Embalmer? Yes, in truth I am, but no pandemic genius. In my feeble attempts to compare AirVenture to other International type events, meaning vast crowds of visitors from all over the globe, I cannot help but note the result of my 10 second Googling effort just now :

    Originally scheduled to take place JULY 24 - August 9, 2020 the Summer Olympic Games have been rescheduled due to the SARS CoV2 pandemic a year later to July 23 - August 8, 2021.

    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-13-2020 at 06:45 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #54
    Airmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NW. Atlanta GA
    Posts
    393
    Been saying the same thing on another thread.

    There is a small town outside of Albany GA that just got hammered due to two funerals conducted by the same minister before the social distancing policies got implemented

    Even if approved, the caveats would probably force EAA into some serious changes. Could they react fast enough to comply?

    The rural areas of Wisconsin are relatively unaffected but they still want folks traveling to their cabins to shelter for two weeks upon arrival. I am sure the governor doesn’t want to generate a second wave by permitting a large gathering that has such a wide draw. It would be irresponsible and political suicide. Don’t see any silver bullet coming in time to save AirVenture.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

  5. #55
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I'm no kind of world renowned epidemiologist -a trained 4th generation Funeral Director/Embalmer? Yes, in truth I am, but no pandemic genius. In my feeble attempts to compare AirVenture to other International type events, meaning vast crowds of visitors from all over the globe, I cannot help but note the result of my 10 second Googling effort just now :

    Originally scheduled to take place JULY 24 - August 9, 2020 the Summer Olympic Games have been rescheduled due to the SARS CoV2 pandemic a year later to July 23 - August 8, 2021.

    Just sayin'.
    But part of the reason the Olympics were postponed was because the restrictions, even if removed by the scheduled date of the event, affected the athletes' ability to prepare and affected nations' preliminary contests used to select who represents their countries. Not really a factor, here.

    However, as another participant here mentioned, making the decision in May is impossible without a clairvoyant or a time machine. Even an O-320-powered Ouija board won't tell you what the actual restrictions are going to be in Wisconsin in late July. An early cancellation would hurt, but a late cancellation would hurt far worse.

    Ron Wanttaja

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    734
    I have noted before that MY Oshkosh plans are 100% fluid and can turn on a dime up to about 72 hours before. For me an easy few hour drive North through the Cheddar Curtain checkpoint puts me at the motel for my 9 day stay. Plus, through booking.com I can cancel that room penalty free with very little advance notice to the motel.

    But I'm not one of the many thousands who have to book non-refundable travel from half-way across the globe or from the lands just East of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-13-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    But part of the reason the Olympics were postponed was because the restrictions, even if removed by the scheduled date of the event, affected the athletes' ability to prepare and affected nations' preliminary contests used to select who represents their countries.
    Ron Wanttaja

    Just to clarify:

    On March 18, the Tokyo Olympic Committee said it need another 4 weeks to make a go or no go decision.

    The Tokyo Olympics 2020 were cancelled and rescheduled to July, 2021 because on March 22 the Canadian Olympic Team became the very first country to say it was cancelling its participation because of COVID19 health risks if the 2020 games went ahead. Many other big team countries including Australia soon followed suit with a hell no, we won't go. Two days later on March 24, the Japan Olympic Committee, Japan's PM and the IOC cancelled the games saying they would reschedule to July, 2021.

    Interesting update to all of this. Yesterday, Tokyo Olympics CEO Toshiro Muto said there is "...no guarantee the Games will go ahead in 2021. I don't think anyone would be able to say if it's possible to get the pandemic under control by next July or not."
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 04-13-2020 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    -a trained 4th generation Funeral Director/Embalmer? Yes, in truth I am, but no pandemic genius.
    But you do so obviously appreciate the COVID19 montra: Better to be 6 feet apart than 6 feet under!

  9. #59
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    528
    Well I guess everybody got the letter from EAA today.
    Bob

  10. #60
    CarlOrton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    DFW Area
    Posts
    685
    What letter?!?

    Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •