Thread: Logitech G Pro yoke system

Logitech G Pro yoke system

Question for anyone using this flight sim yoke -

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Sait...s%2C186&sr=8-2

My computer desk has the keyboard on a sliding tray below the desk surface. There is no room between the two for the clamp system that holds the yoke and throttle quadrant, and mounting it on the sliding tray would not be very practical or functional. Moving the yoke in and out would simply slide the keyboard tray in and out.

Are the clamps 'reversible' so that I could mount the yoke on top of my desk but clamped from above?

thanks in advance for any assistance.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Mounting

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Question for anyone using this flight sim yoke -

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Sait...s%2C186&sr=8-2

My computer desk has the keyboard on a sliding tray below the desk surface. There is no room between the two for the clamp system that holds the yoke and throttle quadrant, and mounting it on the sliding tray would not be very practical or functional. Moving the yoke in and out would simply slide the keyboard tray in and out.

Are the clamps 'reversible' so that I could mount the yoke on top of my desk but clamped from above?

thanks in advance for any assistance.
    I mounted my yoke to a 1/4 in board painted to match my desk (black). I also mounted the throttle quadrant to the same board. I took screws out of the bottom of the yoke and quadrant replaced them with longer screws. The board goes from the front edge of the desk back to the wall. I put a piece of non-slip shelf liner under the board and set my monitor on it.

Thanks for the response - I went ahead and ordered one an hour ago and will fab 'something' to make this work with my desk situation. I realize Flight Sim X on Steam isn't exactly a Flight School grade Mega realistic cockpit simulator - LOL - but the yoke and throttle quadrant dealie will be an improvement over my current old Saitek Cyborg joystick.

Perhaps a portion of my possible Corona virus stimulus $$$ will fund a set of rudder pedals if the yoke proves enjoyable? We shall see. Can't afford to learn to fly, but that doesn't prevent me from at least having fun while pretending.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln