Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the EAA - it's OK if you have to cancel AirVenture 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bmckinney View Post
    What happens if the facts & stats show that the majority of CV19 moved across the west/midwest in January & February when no social distancing was in effect and only became "visible" when it hit the east coast? It explains why CA through the midwest have such flat curves as opposed to the east coast over the last few months. Somehow, miraculously, all illnesses/deaths recorded due to cancer, flu, & pneumonia have dropped significantly over the last 2 months. Government spokesperson expert Dr. Birx revealed yesterday that they are being "liberal" & noting cause of death in all cases as CV19 if they have ANY trace of it. In addition, a MN doctor also revealed on camera today that the MN Health department (via CDC) indicated to use CV19 as cause of death regardless of other conditions, even if not tested for it and maybe only exposed to it. If you ignore the causes and look at all available data on illnesses and deaths over history, yes, there is an uptick in late 2019 & early 2020, but would compare to the totals when the other surprise viruses hit the US in the past (like H1N1), when you look at ALL the data.

More information will be gained over the next two weeks. I am glad EAA is taking the proper time and available data to make decisions instead of taking panic measures as others have. Hold off as long as possible. We may learn more soon.
    Well, I read elsewhere that they, (the government, CDC, I don't know?) want the numbers to be as high as possible so they can force everyone to take the vaccine ! Just saying.
    Bob, I'm not taking it ! I had the flu shot and still got the flu !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Well, I read elsewhere that they, (the government, CDC, I don't know?) want the numbers to be as high as possible so they can force everyone to take the vaccine ! Just saying.
    Well, I read elsewhere(The Chronicles of Narnia, Home and Garden, Mad Magazine, Archie and Jughead, I don't know?) that they want to take all SC newborns away from their SC grandparents so they can vaccinate them with non-conspiracy theory genes. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Well, I read elsewhere(The Chronicles of Narnia, Home and Garden, Mad Magazine, Archie and Jughead, I don't know?) that they want to take all SC newborns away from their SC grandparents so they can vaccinate them with non-conspiracy theory genes. Just saying.
    I loved Mad Magazine !
    Bob, we shall see where this goes Name:  Alfred E. Newman.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  6.8 KB

I just wish that those who obviously have them would please share the magic mushrooms with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    So when you say you got the flu, you know that because you tested positive for it? If not what symptoms did you have?

Is EAA really taking pro-active steps or in reality are they merely following state/federal mandates? If and when the decision is made to permit such an event, EAA thru no fault of their own, has absolutely no idea how the event will have to be restructured because those policies haven’t been developed and released. No one is simply going to throw a magic switch and we’re going to take right back up as if nothing happened. When the economy is started back up its going to happen in phases and we can expect major changes. Local, state and federal government is still in the crisis reaction mode. Few, if any, are talking about recovery and beyond. Even if given the green light; what will AV look like?

Just a few what if’s:
    1. What if there is a limit to the number of people that can be put on to a shuttle bus or even CHICAGORANDY’s beloved trams. In Green Bay they are currently limiting public transit buses to a maximum of 6 person on board.
    2. How is EAA going to deal with the long admission lines and other areas with social distancing still in effect? Someone has to work out a new layouts.
    3. What if the food courts and cafes are impacted by new seating and occupancy requirements.
    4. What if restroom cleaning and occupancy requirements change.
    5. What if exhibit buildings, forum tents, workshops, the Hangar Store, interview circles, etc have occupancy limits imposed.

EAA doesn’t know simply because these requirements haven’t been developed. Without the policies in place, there is simply no way for EAA to plan and make the necessary adjustments. All the above could mean more assets and services to be acquired, more personnel, new policies to be developed. I’m not sure that EAA is going to have the ability or time to react in time to pull off AV in the face of a paradigm shift in public gathering policies.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    So when you say you got the flu, you know that because you tested positive for it? If not what symptoms did you have?
    At 73, I'm not afraid to go to the doctor if I think something is wrong with me. In December, 2019, after several days of feeling like crap, I went to my doctor and they did the swab test and it was positive for the flu. It lasted about two weeks. Mid to late January, 2020, I developed the worse cough I've ever had, it was constant but not really coughing up anything and it lasted a couple of weeks also. Doctor visit again and got prescription cough meds because OTC just wasn't cutting it. Was it Covid 19? Don't know, don't care, I got over it.
    Bob, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger, or not !

My mantra has always been, "What doesn't kill you 'doesn't' really make you stronger, it just weakens you for the next time around when it just might finish what it started."
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Robert , what "vacine" do you think someone , the govt is trying to force you to take? There is not a vaccine , yet for this virus. And flu vaccine is voluntary, no one forces you to take it,

P S. My friend had homeowners insurance, but still had a total loss fire. Should she not renew the insurance?
    PS n0 2 they are a medical family her brother is a top doctor at Medical center in Houston and they all get flu shots.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 04-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Anti-vaxers are the salt of the Earth, the great common clay from which all humanity is formed...... you know..... Morons.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln