Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To the EAA - it's OK if you have to cancel AirVenture 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Anti-vaxers are the salt of the Earth, the great common clay from which all humanity is formed...... you know..... Morons.
    I know where you stole most of that line, and I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I know where you stole most of that line, and I approve.
    ONLY the funniest "Western Themed' movie EVER made, by anyone. LOL
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Interesting set of "what ifs" proposed by Dave in post #26. Simple solution. Limit the number of people that can enter the grounds by both entry gate and aircraft. Raise the price per person. Under this scenario, it could get kind of expensive to attend AirVenture, assuming EAA decides to make it a "go", and the "what ifs" become a reality.

Thanks, Wayne

The two most commonly heard - and least productive - Covid pandemic 'What Ifs" IMHO require either an accurate full-functioning crystal ball or a working time machine.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    My mantra has always been, "What doesn't kill you 'doesn't' really make you stronger, it just weakens you for the next time around when it just might finish what it started."
    That's why I said, or not !
    But there is the case for taking a little poison to build up an immunity, but that's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Robert , what "vacine" do you think someone , the govt is trying to force you to take? There is not a vaccine , yet for this virus. And flu vaccine is voluntary, no one forces you to take it,

P S. My friend had homeowners insurance, but still had a total loss fire. Should she not renew the insurance?
    PS n0 2 they are a medical family her brother is a top doctor at Medical center in Houston and they all get flu shots.
    I've been getting the flu shot and pneumonia shot for 5 years I guess, my wife is a nurse and she has to get one every year, or, wear a mask year round. Don't really have a problem with the flu shots, it's a gamble either way. When I was born I got all the required vaccinations so I think I'm good, don't want any more, after all, it should be voluntary anyway.

Fretting about something that hasn’t even been developed seems like a lot of unnecessary hand wringing. Personally, we should more concerned about the impacts to us as a nation and to our society until things can get “back to normal”. If it takes getting a vaccine, so be it.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Apperently there is some correlation between resistance to COVID-19 and those that have had tuberculosis vaccinations. A Google of “tb vaccination covid” yields quite an array of articles. If true, good news, as I had the vaccine when younger. Father was in Air Force, traveled overseas, and I thought I was a pin cushion from all the visits to the hospital while getting ready for travel.

Take care, Wayne

SocialFlight Live! 4-14-20: EAA's Jack Pelton, AEA's Mike Adamson & More:

“SocialFlight Live!” is a live broadcast dedicated to supporting General Aviation pilots and enthusiasts during these challenging times. This episode features guests Jack Pelton, CEO and Chairman of EAA, as well as Mike Adamson, President of the Aviation Electronics Association. Join us for an entertaining and informative evening of discussion of how General Aviation is responding during the COVID crisis. As an added bonus, SocialFlight Live! concludes with an update on our Titan T-51D Mustang build project (happening in our living room broadcast studio).

AirVenture discussion starts at 31:00. Jack's interview is from 6:48 to 41:45.

Watch here: https://youtu.be/BAs2lKWSdXg
    Last edited by FlyinAdamBadger; 04-15-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Another thing that will get affected by not holding our convention are our magazines. There is a lot of content accumulated during that week which is used throughout the year.

I'm not saying that should be a factor in the decision, but just something to note will happen in the event of a cancelled or curtailed event.