Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: To the EAA - it's OK if you have to cancel AirVenture 2020

IMHO it's for the best and of the two possibile choices, the one that can't hurt anyone's life...

I reckon I have an extra year to seek out the corniest jokes mankind has imagined, recognizing that the groaners I had in the wings for this year will simply "age to perfection" by 2021 - lol

If the Fates allow, I WILL be at the mike once again next time.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I don't know why you insist on posting that photo of that terrible accident.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I don't know why you insist on posting that photo of that terrible accident.

I agree. That was not a good day. I was right there. Don't want to have to see something like that again.
    Cheers!

Joe

I think that considering the result of that avenger incident its in very poor taste to post something like that. Hoping the administrator has the courtesy to TAKE IT DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Heard on WGN TV news just now that the huge local concert venue 'Ravinia' (trust me..iit's a BIG deal in these parts) has cancelled its entire 2020 season that normally features over 100 different acts and artists from June through September. Safety and the near impossibility of meeting any sort of guidelines stated as factors.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/r...o-coronavirus/
    Ravinia can get as packed as OSH during some of it's concerts.

Also thinking about the music festival at Oshkosh just before Airventure. Cancelling both of those will be a HUGE hit on the economy of the area, and by extension, the state of Wisconsin.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    Ravinia can get as packed as OSH during some of it's concerts.
    I'm 71 and admit I've never been there, I "think" I might have driven by the place once? I don't do crowds and am too poor to enjoy 'culture' - LOL Some of us are like dat here on the Southwest side.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Also thinking about the music festival at Oshkosh just before Airventure. Cancelling both of those will be a HUGE hit on the economy of the area, and by extension, the state of Wisconsin.
    Actually there are three. One has already postponed. The other two are about ready to get a big reality check. There is also a big one down in Milwaukee. There are all kinds of summer festivals in Wisconsin going down the tubes due to the governor’s mandate, even in counties that are practically non effected. The state fair is held in West Allis which is on the west side of Milwaukee starting Aug 6th its probably gonna go down in flames as well. But you’re right the economic impact is HUGE.

Here in Atlanta they just pushed the Peachtree Road Race back to Thanksgiving. Now that actually makes sense from a temperature standpoint - Fewer heat casualties.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun