Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Chapters Skipping Meetings & Breakfasts This Month?

Any Chapters Skipping Meetings & Breakfasts This Month?

I was wondering if any chapter has skipped this month's meeting or event because of the famous germs? Since, like many chapters, several of our members are getting on in years, we thought it might be a good idea to play it safe and not hold this month's meeting and pancake breakfast.
    I don't see many red dots around us on the John Hopkins map though, but I've seen other charts that show much lower infection rates when steps are taken to prevent infection early.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

My flying club is even cancelling our maintenance meeting next week, which is usually attended by about a dozen people.

Even if there's no one in your area who has it yet, the virus will spread to your area relatively soon. The goal is to keep it from spreading at a rate that overwhelms the ability of the health care system to treat patients. Unless there's a pressing need for your club to meet, it's better if you cancel.
    Last edited by Eric Gleason; 03-13-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Banned
    CANCEL EVERYTHING!!! Social distancing is the only way to mitigate the spread of this grim reality. Of paramount importance is protecting the health, safety and well being of your members and associates.

Thinking of your risk to exposure in terms of "red dots" or no "red nots" is a fools game.

Yeah I see that EAA cancelled their Props & Hops event and suspend the Tri-Motor tour. And SNF is pressing on!?!? Don’t know about y’all but things are starting to escalate in the north Atlanta area. School systems are closing, panic shopping is wiping out stock, churches are cancelling services, and there was a fight at a Sams Club over a pack of water and a guy got stabbed with a wine bottle. There is even video of lines in grocery stores at one a.m. that are just huge.

My wife was gonna fly up to Appleton on Monday and decided to cancel. It took 2 hours plus on hold with Delta but they did refund her ticket, which took less than 5 minutes.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I'd bet money that SnF cancels in a week or two. I think that, like a lot of us, they were hoping this thing wouldn't get so big, but now that it's a pandemic there's no way around it.

The Florida governor has asked people to cancel gatherings. I suspect that will become law soon, like it is in a lot of states already.

Disney and the other theme parks have announced they're closing. SnF will look like a bunch of asshats if they proceed.
    Last edited by Eric Gleason; 03-13-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gleason View Post
    I'd bet money that SnF cancels in a week or two. .
    One source says it's been postponed until May.

https://www.lkldnow.com/coronavirus-...e-precautions/

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    If you went to the SNF website as of yesterday and clicked on their coronavirus update, you would have thought they were proceeding as if they were Emperor Nero fiddling as Rome burned to the ground.

I don't believe the May date is viable but good on them for making the right decision now and choosing health over money.

Seattle EAA meeting last night, about half the usual turnout.

Ron Wanttaja

Floats not sure what info you’re looking at but the SNF homepage still says starting on March 31st.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

they put out a press release about an hour ago

Name:  1F360E3B-D2B9-4F1F-9390-7D63580EEFC8.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  15.7 KB