Thread: Road repairs?

Road repairs?

Thinking about the changes being implemented regarding efficient 'people moving' around the grounds, any word on whether any of the notorious spine-rattling pavement irregularities on all the routes have been smoothed over?

The tram cars have rather 'limited' suspension cushioning as anyone who has ridden in one well knows. lol
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Well, by making the roads smoother it will help a little. But, regardless, the suspensions on those things are still going to make it bouncy/bumpy. I suggest if it is causing it to hurt your back to find a new volunteer spot within the tram volunteers that doesn't include being a tram driver or tram conductor to help your health issue. In my 25-year life, I had no issues of the trams hurting my back.
    Last edited by FlyinAdamBadger; 03-11-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Thankfully NO back issues for me. But I'm sure the passengers would appreciate a smoother ride - lol.

Randy, don't you ride a Harley? If so,any back pains may not be tram related. Bet you don't have any problems, with shall we say , digestion?

I have bad knees which make long walks unlikely. The old back is just fine thank you. No, I don't ride a Harley, I ride a modern motorcycle, an '86 Kawasaki Voyager - lol

A local bike vlogger I follow just did a review on a super clean Voyager for sale at one of our local Harley dealers. I’m not into touring bikes (I ride a 2018 Harley Softail Slim) but it was a neat looking bike with surprising performance.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I'll stick to my Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    I'll stick to my Goldwing.
    A simply outstanding motorcycle says I. Truly the 'gold' standard for a touring bike.

Even though AV is only one week long it generates about $50m - 70m for the local economy and its been estimated up to $200m for the state. One would think that it would be in EAA’s, the county’s and state’s interest to keep that economic engine running by investing on some infrastructure improvements like roads, walking paths, parking, and easier access from 41. Just for comparison EAA generates more revenue than the Green Bay Packers entire season.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun