Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tram Change At Airventure

Not hard to develop the logic tree to run people down the right rabbit hole based on their experience. It’s even easier to do a general opinion survey.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

It would be interesting to know how much EAA spent on this "study" from Northwestern University and what their background and expertise is in large gatherings and parking and transportation therein. Are they pilots or even from an aviation program? Maybe they don't have to know about aviation. if they know about other conventions.

It certainly helps to have firsthand experience. Perhaps someone should have made a few of those kids walk the entire grounds for say 3 days and then generate the survey. I would bet their perspective would be a lot different from those who didn’t.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I would also bet that whoever decided to cut out the tram, has a golf cart to ride around in at the convention.

IF the leaders at EAA wanted to get real-time feedback for 'almost' free' they could get a bunch of those cheapie business cards printed up from one of those online joints with the EAA contact phone numbers and e-mail address printed on them. You now, to hand out to anyone/everyone who complains to volunteers during Airventure about the new changes/disappointments.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-11-2020 at 06:19 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

The university had GPS trackes on the trams but most of the time they weren t working, I also saw the study kids just taking videos at selected spots and either texting or listening to music. Never saw one actually approach anyone. The girl we had at the tower turn point was very uncooperative if anyone asked her a question. As a tram volunteer, my main concern is going to be the lack of a stop at Vintage. There is no way we will be able to control people jumping on and off while we slow down to turn onto or off of Vern St. Randy, you have a great idea with the business cards.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a bunch of those cheapie business cards printed up from one of those online joints with the EAA contact phone numbers and e-mail address printed on them. You now, to hand out to anyone/everyone who complains to me during Airventure about the new changes/disappointments.

It would provide one quick way for EAA to get direct real-time feedback from attendees?
    Ok Randy, I'll donate $10.00 for business cards, I think you can get 500 for $10.00 so between the two of us, we can hand out a thousand.
    Bob

I Googled Northwestern University's Transportation Study and it came up on the EAA site. So, I guess if you go to eaa.org you can find it.
    Bob

Deleted this post - redundant info.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-11-2020 at 06:16 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Banned
    Randy, I'm a child and a product of the 60's so I love what you want to do and the method for displaying your/our discontent. So, as far as "get me in trouble" is concerned, I'm pretty sure you're already on their radar and they could ask you to cease and desist from volunteering.

We know how much this one week at OSH means to you and your life so don't jeopardize it. Let others with zero skin in the game and zero to lose deal with another EAA blunder.