Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tram Change At Airventure

Randy, It seems everyone has a different point of view, the volunteers, the users, EAA staff and of course the Northwestern transportation study. Just looking from the outside in but to me the volunteers and users didn’t get much of
    “vote”.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkorona View Post
    "I also now understand why the Green tram line got nixed. Based on other comments on this forum they probably should have thought how to keep the route inside the fence vs killing the route. I’m a walker so it really doesn’t impact me."

Could you tell us why you now understand? Was it something about access at the gate? Were folks getting through without a wrist band? Every time I've been on the green tram you needed to show your wrist band to the person at the gate.
    They never did a bag check when entering the gate (31) on the Green tram route. The tram would slow down, security at the gate would say' Lets see your wrist bands and that was it.

If you had to buy a wrist band the green tram route was not much help because you had to go over to the main gate. Then you would enter the grounds there.

T
    he green tram did come in handy at the end of the day to get back to the bus park.
    They could fire it up at the end of the day. One way west.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Can't speak to the value of any 'bag checks', since it is the norm to land aircraft and park them on the grounds, inside the fenced area, without bag searches or airplane searches.

I can assure anyone interested that I do NOT understand why they have chosen to nix the valued service. ALL the ridership sure seemed to appreciate it.
    Two good points. If some bad actors wanted to do something bad, there is plenty of chain link fencing to crawl over at night. Someday they will start searching landing aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Randy, It seems everyone has a different point of view, the volunteers, the users, EAA staff and of course the Northwestern transportation study. Just looking from the outside in but to me the volunteers and users didn’t get much of
    “vote”.
    Northwestern transportation study didn't recommend eliminating the Green tram route, Security did.
    The terrorist have won. We changed are behavior do to the fact that we believe its better to be safe than sorry.
    Rather than trust. Are we really Free. There's a boogeyman in every bush.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 03-29-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Sure, the Green Line went outside the fence to the Bus Park. When it returned EAA had to perform a bag check as mandated by security requirements and of course also a band check to ensure all aboard had paid for attendance. It was viewed as taking too long.

I think they could and should rethink this by creating a bump out to put the Green Line Bus Park turnaround inside the controlled area. Then the security checks could be accomplished prior to boarding. Problem solved??? Just one crusty guy’s opinion.
    Thanks for the reply. I've taken the gran tram very often over the years, and never seen any real delays with the wrist band check, just hold up your arm for 10 seconds while the tram passes the gate. The bag check is something started just in the past few years, practically a worthless exercise in security drama theater, but again not a big deal in terms of flow.

in all I don't see what the big deal is.

I too am disappointed that the Green tram will not run any more. I used that one a lot. I never got a survey asking about the trams.

EAA Surveys

Quote Originally Posted by jbandstr View Post
    I too am disappointed that the Green tram will not run any more. I used that one a lot. I never got a survey asking about the trams.
    I have filled out a lot of EAA Surveys (none on this topic, however). I know, stupid. On each survey there is a section near the bottom asking for comments. ON EVERY survey I ask them to acknowledge back to my email that they have read my survey. I have NEVER had one acknowledgement!. I have stopped wasting my time on their stupid placating surveys. They're going to do what they want.