Thread: New tram routes announced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smoking might in theory be illegal INSIDE Friar Tucks, but just outside on the patio is a swarm of smokers and when customers or waitresses open the door it goes inside. I haven't been there in a few years,but I doubt if they have changed.
    I was recently in Turkey, all the hotels say that they don't allow smoking. But the managers stand literly in the doorway to the office or lobby with the door open and smoke. I didn't seen any adult male there who was not smoking.
    We have a state law here against animals inside restaurants, even on patios. It is widely ignored, some places even have bowls of water for dogs.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-11-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I've been going to Friar Tucks for at least 10 years and never had any issues with smokers. It's about the only place you can ride the bus and walk through the fence and get a good meal with an adult beverage. Did I also mention it's air conditioned (my tent isn't). I made my first trip to Oshkosh in either 1969 or 1970 whatever year the first Oshkosh fly in and I think I've only missed one. For me it's a three hour drive or 1 1/2 hour flight
    in my "put put". It's correct that you had to have some kind of a pilot's license, etc. to get on the flight line during the early years. You also couldn't carry any beverage, etc. in and if I remember correctly we parked along the road between the large parking lot and present main gate. How thing have changed.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!